GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking to try to hit each of the lower 48 States this summer. I have done searching and have nothing. Has anyone done this trip? Do you know of a route? Thanks and ride safe, David

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Dusty74, from this forum, did it in 8 or 9 days. His route was obviously the most expedient..

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
get a job driving a big rig and get paid for it,lol

·
Registered
365 Posts
Has anyone found a link or have a Streets & Trips map of the route. As I am getting older there are a few rides I would like to get in before backing off, and this is one of them, as well as visiting a National Park in each state. Not sure I would do this as an IBA ride, but maybe a 2 week ride with friends would be fun.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,986 Posts

Since I can't seem to figure out how to transfer a Streets and Trips map to this message board, here is a photo of my wall map of a 48/10 I did in 2002. I started in Fargo, ND and ended in Missoula, MT, a distance of approx. 7600 miles. The total round trip was about 8300 miles.

Oops- I'll try to enlarge the photo....

·
Registered
365 Posts

Since I can't seem to figure out how to transfer a Streets and Trips map to this message board, here is a photo of my wall map of a 48/10 I did in 2002. I started in Fargo, ND and ended in Missoula, MT, a distance of approx. 7600 miles. The total round trip was about 8300 miles.

Oops- I'll try to enlarge the photo....
Thanks Giz, I pretty much have it entered now. Thanks for the picture. We will be starting near Sacramento so our distance is a little longer.

Thanks again

·
Registered
883 Posts
Bob,

Pm me your e-dress. I have a 48 + route in S&T that with a little modification would work for you.

Sleddog

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Wow..............I'd love to have the time and cash to do a 48 state tour. Maybe one of these days.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
That'd be a great ride to do when we have plenty of time and cash.

·
Registered
883 Posts
That'd be a great ride to do when we have plenty of time and cash.
And just think of all the "villes" you could get:lol:

10 days & $1500 should hit it pretty close

Sleddog

1 - 14 of 14 Posts