GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in purchasing (not cutting down the OEM) windshield with an aftermarket product. I think Honda offers one, but I believe it is quite pricy. I would like one 3-4 inches shorter with no vent.

Any suggestions?

TIA

·
Chard Member
12,969 Posts
Tulsa sells a sports windshield for the 1800, but it isn't adjustable. I don't think your going to find a shield under the $150 range.

A 24 tooth blade in a sabre saw will make quick work of a stock shield. I used to cut 2"s off of all my 1500 shields and they were still adjustable.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Try Clearview Shields. The best thing is to give them a call and tell them what you are looking for and ask how long it will take to make it. They do "production runs" so it could take up to a month. They are reasonably priced and they make a good product. Gary got one slightly shorter than stock that is adjustable and slightly smoke tinted. www.clearviewshields.com/
Mikey

·
Registered
384 Posts
Shorter windshield

Magellan,
Give us a call, our Sport is shorter than the OEM and is $120 for the clear, if you need a shorter one, we also have it about 3 inches shorter, it would be the same price.
It would not be adjustable, but, will provide some reduction in buffeting.
If you have any questions please give us a call, then if you want you can order it from Hal.
Regards
Allen/Tulsa
800-824-6566

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
I have a CeeBaily 2" lower than stock ,and absolutly love it. It can be raised just like the oem. http://www.ceebaileys.com/cycle/index.html
Check them out . The price is good, the quality is top notch,as is the service.
Mick :) :yw1:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts