GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a new DS with DynaBeads yesterday and took it out for a trial run today. Also using a Euphoria on back of my 08. There is a definate buzz or vibration in bars between 45 and 53. Is this normal.
I am not judging this tire just yet. I only went about 20 miles today and will be doing 200 or so tomorrow.

Sure hope vibration goes away.
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just installed a new DS with DynaBeads yesterday and took it out for a trial run today. Also using a Euphoria on back of my 08. There is a definate buzz or vibration in bars between 45 and 53. Is this normal.
I am not judging this tire just yet. I only went about 20 miles today and will be doing 200 or so tomorrow.

Mike
I had exactly the same with mine (same double set up as yourself). I'm pretty sure when I mentioned the 'buzz' someone commented that the little rubber 'nubs' around the edges of the new Sport Demon as a possible cause. It seemed to make perfect sense. As I have piled the miles on the tire, the buzz is fading.

Rocky is well known for killing these 'nubs' when they're young by riding at 45 degrees and averaging a speed of 115mph to scrub the tire in and therefore does not suffer the same 'buzz' as the rest of us from the Demon. Evil Nub killer......

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not mean to described it as a sound. It is just a vibration in the bars, but very annoying. would not want to go a long way at 50 MPH.
Mike

·
Registered
661 Posts
I just mounted a Sport Demon saturday, same thing- vibes- I also feel them at sub 10mph turning slowly in parking lots. It feels like the sipes.
Currently running 40psi Front .......Don

·
Registered
318 Posts
I had a high frequency vibration with mine the first 100 miles or so. Have 7000 miles on my set up now and it's a smooth ride. It wasn't noisey but I could feel it in my hands. The tires are hardly showing any signs of wear; I'm happy.

·
Smoky
1,191 Posts

Mike
mikeboztx,
This is what I posted then "meercat" posted a question about a simular problem.

I don't know if this is the same problem that I encountered or not . I replaced my worn out E-3 with the Battlax BT-45 130/70H18 @ 40 psi, 2 oz. Dyna Beads. After it was installed and I took it for a ride, I noticed that it had a slight buzzing sound and vibration that got more intense as the speed of the bike went up . It puzzled the hell out of me. I checked everything I could to try and determine the problem to no avail . Finally one day as I was riding and thinking about it, it hit me. The reason for the buzzing and vibration was the little nubs on the tire. I stopped worrying about it then and just started enjoying the ride. As miles when by and the nubs wore down the buzzing and vibration subsided correspondingly. After the nubs were wore off, no more buzz or vibration. My deceleration wobble went away also. I can let go of throttle at 55 mph and keep hands off the bars until the bike starts to shake because of engine lugging in to high a gear. I can set cruise control between 35 to 40 mph and ride with no hands without any problem. Before with the E-3 that was not possible and it had a deceleration wobble from the get go. Now I'm a happy man!
Hope this helps,
Frosty

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
The Buzz you guys are feeling must be the negative force of the Dark Lord of doubt,He is tormenting the positive force of the Darkside-You must believe in the power of the Force from within...
"Resist this negative force at all costs.."

You all must try the grips I'm using.
Mine are the Anti Buzz type from the third quadrant Alfa sector 5..

The Nub Slayer
Rocky

·
Registered
883 Posts
The Buzz you guys are feeling must be the negative force of the Dark Lord of doubt,He is tormenting the positive force of the Darkside-You must believe in the power of the Force from within...
"Resist this negative force at all costs.."

You all must try the grips I'm using.
Mine are the Anti Buzz type from the third quadrant Alfa sector 5..

The Nub Slayer
Rocky
And Ice Cream doesn't have bones;)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Just a little side question:
Which direction are you running the Sport Demon?
With the arrow or against it?

:excited:
:thumbup:

·
Registered
661 Posts
My Sport Demon has the arrow running with normal direction. No beads.
Coldest day of the season here, 34 deg. BRRrrrrrrrrr.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Sport Demon in normal direction with no beads and no vibration. I have hearing loss, so I just asked Linda if she heard a buzzing sound on our ride yesterday, and she said "no".

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Take a box cutter and cuts then nubs off.:twisted:

·
Registered
661 Posts
This is not a sound, it is a vibration - AKA- harley. :lol:
No vibe above 55mph.
Relatively high frequency that changes with speed.
........Don

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
lCurrently running 40psi Front .......Don[/quote]

I am running 36 in mine. The ride is better than at 40. You might try that to see if it reduces the buzz.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts