GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at a gas station at a major intersection in the mountains today aboard my yellow 1800. Three older crotch rocket types parked next to me and asked, "Are you that guy who passes people up at the Gap?"

Said, "Nope, but I do know him."

I guess I could be mistaken for worse fellows, huh.

Rick, next time I'm going to say, "Yep, wanna do tight circles in the parking lot?"

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Hey, you two guys behave now. Pretty soon we'll have Yellow Wolf going slow and Trialsman going fast. That'll be just wrong. How will we know who's who anymore?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Sounds like a yellow gold wing comes with an instant reputation.... Now I gotta get a yellow one.
(Ok, how does that compare with a Harley????)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
you should have said yes, then dropped your bike over on its side....stumbled and fell.......then challenged them to a race :shock:

topped off by talking to imaginary friends......and screaming at your long lost mother who is on the back of the bike........ :shock:

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Dang it.
We rode to Deal's Gap yesterday and Yellow Wolf wasn't there.
We were greeted by a handful of BMW's and two Lotus's; that's it. I guess the snow flurries scared everybody away.
We wanted to tuck Rick in for the season and he didn't show up...

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bill,

I think Rick is on "an appointment only" schedule already.

That begs the question: What is he doing to gather dead presidents on green paper until Spring?

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JustRalph said:
you should have said yes, then dropped your bike over on its side....stumbled and fell.......then challenged them to a race :shock:

topped off by talking to imaginary friends......and screaming at your long lost mother who is on the back of the bike........ :shock:
Now, that's funny :lol:

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
You bette be careful who you egg on for some tight/trick riding.. some of these kids ... are pretty darn good ...

cosmic

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chariot,
Thanks for the advice, but I would probably never challenge a stranger to a skills contest on a parking lot, unless they copped a "Damn, I'm good" attitude in front of me.

Secondly, I don't mind being taken to school. I enjoy watching good riding skills anytime, even if they aren't mine. Thanks for the advice though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts