GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Given that the wonderful sponsor of this board appears to have regular sales that you longtimers know about, would I be wise to wait a month or two ( ie near Christmas time) to order a new Utopia backrest? A rather indirect way of asking if there will likely be a Direct Line sale during the holiday season. Sorry Hal, had to ask.

·
Registered
906 Posts
it took me 2 and a half months to get mine but i wanted the removeable one !!!! :biker:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
superjett said:
it took me 2 and a half months to get mine but i wanted the removeable one !!!! :biker:
If you are talking about the Utopia, the only thing that makes it removeable is the quick release pin instead of a bolt. Any delay would be caused by Utopia being on backorder.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
towmoter said:
superjett said:
If you are talking about the Utopia, the only thing that makes it removeable is the quick release pin instead of a bolt. Any delay would be caused by Utopia being on backorder.
Not true. Utopia makes a quick release version. Different part #

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Gary & Mikey said:
towmoter said:
superjett said:
When I ordered mine they only had one and to make it easy to take off they had a quick release pin that replaced the bolt. How does the new model work?

·
Registered
501 Posts
It has a flap to snap when you remove the backrest

towmoter said:
Gary & Mikey said:
towmoter said:
superjett said:
When I ordered mine they only had one and to make it easy to take off they had a quick release pin that replaced the bolt. How does the new model work?
The backrest has a detent built in it and the backrest just slides out. I got mine at Wing Fest in Fletcher, NC.
I think it was another 50 bucks though. I like it. When I make the wing a crotch rocket I just take off the backrest and then I can slide in the saddle better. :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts