GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cause now I cant stop thinking about it.....I test rode an 07 GL1800 after I was sure I was getting a cruiser but now the GW haunts my dreams.....this will be my first bike since I was 16 ...I took a safety course and have been shopping since .....

The GW is the best bike I've rode and hopefully I'll have one in my garage soon.....

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Heh heh! You're not alone, the 1800 has the same effect on lots of folks. Let us know what happens...

·
Registered
552 Posts
I know if'n my gold wing was a woman, I would have sex with it every night. I loved my gold wing and it broke my heart to let it go. It will come back though when it's ready :cry:

·
Registered
19,052 Posts
SHOULD NOT HAVE RODE THE 07 GOLDWING

But you did, and now you will have to pay

Get it :D

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
mcgill72143 said:
cause now I cant stop thinking about it.....I test rode an 07 GL1800 after I was sure I was getting a cruiser but now the GW haunts my dreams.....this will be my first bike since I was 16 ...I took a safety course and have been shopping since .....

The GW is the best bike I've rode and hopefully I'll have one in my garage soon.....
Make sure RazorWinger doesn't read this post. If he does you're sunk when it comes to deal time! :D :D

Bob E.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Bikes all my life, thought the wing was just to big.... rode it, fell in love again, bought it now Im a happy :D :D :D You've got the feeling so just do it........good Luck :beer3:

·
Registered
203 Posts
The best part of that feeling is that it doesn't go away. With so many bikes that I have owned before, I became bored with them within a year or so and was looking for my next bike. So far, I have no desire to part with my wing. I just keep finding more and more things that it will do that my other bikes couldn't.

You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
In 2000 when the 2001 GL1800's were introduced a good friend of mine was a Honda dealer near here. We were having dinner one evening and he told me they'd gotten their first GL1800 in and ready to ride. I was riding a GL1500 at the time so, of course, I said, "I'll have to come over and take if for a ride."

He showed me how good of a friend he really was right then. He said, "Unless you're absolutely ready to buy one now, DO NOT ride one." I wasn't ready to buy one right then and didn't ride one until I was. Only then did I fully understand and appreciate what he'd done for me by telling me that. :D

I'm fortunate enough to have more than a couple bikes besides my GL1800. One of those is a cruiser. It's a Honda VTX1800 and is a great cruiser. If I had to eliminate all but one bike for me to have and ride, I'd keep my GL1800 Goldwing. You may prefer the cruiser but if you did, I'd be surprised.

Good luck with whatever you decide. I hope this helps. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was perfectly happy with my Road King. About the middle of April I was bored and decided to test ride a Goldwing. HUGE mistake, less than 2 weeks later I had a new 06. Now 5 months later I have right at 20K on the bike and love it. The Road King sits in the garage looking beautiful.

Dave

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Gary in Indiana said:
He showed me how good of a friend he really was right then. He said, "Unless you're absolutely ready to buy one now, DO NOT ride one." I wasn't ready to buy one right then and didn't ride one until I was. Only then did I fully understand and appreciate what he done for me by telling me that. :D
My first test-ride of an 1800 was in March of 2001. It was nearly two years before I could get my own. It was a long two years. Oh, and after that test ride, I told my friends the same thing yours told you. :)

·
Registered
906 Posts
My new wing

I am the proud owner of an '06 wing. I also have a 1985 honda v65 sabre. Wife and I went for a ride on the v65 and had only gone about a block when she said take me home I want off this thing. The wing is the only way to go in our opinion. You will not be dissappointed. Now if we can only get rid of this v65 she will be really happy. Take care and ride safe. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well just got back from talking to the dealer and he said he could do $16,500 on a black 06 GL1800....is this a good price or should I keep shopping around...?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Got my 06 black for $15,984 in Greenville Ms. If you want the phone no. let me know. They only have a gold one left and that is $300.00 more.
Hawkeye :lol:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
That's a great price, price here was $16,300 for '06 Black, now it's $16,699 for a '07 Metallic Black.

Check on extended warranty pricing with Honda Direct Line (Hal) first before you buy, because where you may save money on one end of the deal, it's added on later in inflated pricing for service plans, extended warranties, etc.

Go in "armed" with as much info as you can!! :wink:

·
Registered
444 Posts
I had actually tested an Ultra before I got the Wing. I was just going to test ride the Wing because my wife liked it. I had absolutely no intention of buying it. After the ride..the Ultra was no longer a contender..old man bike..whatever. I have been riding for over thirty years and this is by far the most fun bike I have ever had the pleasure of owning. I have just added the CB, Mic-O-Pegs and chopped down the seat. I am 6'2 and after a year of adjusting have now got it very comfortable. And oh yeah I did all of the work myself. I took advantage of all of the help and directions on this board and got er did.

·
Registered
6 Posts
new wing

I bought my 05 silver wing in Corinth Mississippi in June of 05. My best friend and I flew out there and rode them back to Seattle, a beautiful 4000 mile ride. The reason we went to Ms was the price. We paid 2 grand less than anywhere else we looked. Of course at that time I was unaware of this website and all the great info we could find. I am a member now and while I dont reply often I read it everyday. You people put out good info and suggestions Thanks

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I've been a Harley owner for the last twenty years, but bought a Wing in 1998 (1500). Now I have an 03 HD Electra Glide and an 04 Wing ABS. The Wing is an incredible motorcycle...I will NEVER be without one. Once you've been bitten, you'll NEVER recover. The Goldwing is IMHO the BEST overall motorcycle in the world! This is a fact that I believe is inarguable, period! :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts