GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has now been a full month since I picked up my 2019 Non-Tour DCT from Bradley at Southern Honda Powersports in Chattanooga.

Bradley did a first rate job. In just a few weeks time I had my permanent tag and title in hand.

Every adjustment on the set up has been perfect, from DCT to parking brake, from idle speed to tire pressure, from fluid levels to tightness of bolts.

The bike came out of the crate with a small ding on the front left quarter panel. Bradley spotted it and had them replace it from stock immediately.

Southern Honda Powersports stocks a huge number of Gold Wing parts, including factory painted Tupperware. I’ve seen this before when their inventory beat every dealer within the same distance from my house (they’re about 110 miles away).

My experience was very positive, and now that the permanent tag and title have arrived and I’ve had a chance to really check out the bike, I’m ready to pat them on the back publicly. Bradley is relatively young and relatively new, but he was an honest broker and a straight shooter in my transaction and I would recommend him.

Reactions: Tuck and laen

·
Registered
942 Posts
Bought my last 5 wings there. 2018 dct zero issues in 18 months

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,236 Posts
Only Honda dealer worth a flip in Houston is Honda of Houston

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
It has now been a full month since I picked up my 2019 Non-Tour DCT from Bradley at Southern Honda Powersports in Chattanooga.

Bradley did a first rate job. In just a few weeks time I had my permanent tag and title in hand.

Every adjustment on the set up has been perfect, from DCT to parking brake, from idle speed to tire pressure, from fluid levels to tightness of bolts.

The bike came out of the crate with a small ding on the front left quarter panel. Bradley spotted it and had them replace it from stock immediately.

Southern Honda Powersports stocks a huge number of Gold Wing parts, including factory painted Tupperware. I’ve seen this before when their inventory beat every dealer within the same distance from my house (they’re about 110 miles away).

My experience was very positive, and now that the permanent tag and title have arrived and I’ve had a chance to really check out the bike, I’m ready to pat them on the back publicly. Bradley is relatively young and relatively new, but he was an honest broker and a straight shooter in my transaction and I would recommend him.
sounds like what every dealership should strive to be.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I bought my '13 there and drove from Michigan to pick it up as I was able to buy a new '13 there for the same price as a new '12 anywhere else. I always make it a point to stop in. However I was there a couple weeks ago and it must have been an off day. The only person acknowledging me was the girl at the door. It wasn't busy and people were just talking to each other. It seems they're now selling a lot of Harleys and not as many Goldwings as they once did.

As far as I know they are (were) the largest Honda dealership in the world so they can sell by volume.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The only person acknowledging me was the girl at the door. It wasn't busy and people were just talking to each other. It seems they're now selling a lot of Harleys and not as many Goldwings as they once did.
They are moving Wings OTD. They are not aggressive on the sales floor. Most serious customers will call and set something up first.

The Harley’s are trade ins. They are not an HD dealer. They have so many Harley trades that they hired a guy from a Texas HD dealership, complete with Pirate attire, to make videos for the Harleys for the web site.

The most popular model GL is the DCT Tour.

But they’ve got just about everything.

FWIW, all of these big operations size you up and go for the lowest hanging fruit. I had trouble with all of them on trade issues, but Russellville and Schroader’s were worse on this issue in my case.

I tried to work a deal with Caleb in the pre-release period back in late 2017, and I felt under appreciated and ignored. Might have gone the same way this year were I not ready to buy something in stock.

YMMV

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FWIW, the dealership in MA where I worked in the 60’s complained bitterly about pirates and discounters. The main offender in his mind was Pug Vickers in Huntingdon,TN. Vickers had a stake in Southern Honda Powersports, but the MA dealer went bankrupt 30 years ago. They were not flexible or smart or lucky enough to pass the business on to the next generation.

·
Registered
226 Posts
FWIW, the dealership in MA where I worked in the 60’s complained bitterly about pirates and discounters.
I'm from Massachusetts and had a preference to by locally. So I shopped dealerships in MA, RI and NH. It was May 2018 and virtually nobody was interested in discounting off MSRP. Finally, Central Mass Powersports in Lunenburg was willing to deal. Only $1,000 off of MSRP and 10% discount on the foglights/brackets and passenger armrests. I took the deal and was happy to get it. Just didn't have the time to fly, buy and ride. :frown2:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm from Massachusetts and had a preference to by locally. So I shopped dealerships in MA, RI and NH. It was May 2018 and virtually nobody was interested in discounting off MSRP. Finally, Central Mass Powersports in Lunenburg was willing to deal. Only $1,000 off of MSRP and 10% discount on the foglights/brackets and passenger armrests. I took the deal and was happy to get it. Just didn't have the time to fly, buy and ride. :frown2:
Our dealership was Sportsmen Cycle Sales. Stores in Holden and Leominster.

Dick Bettencourt was the other Honda dealer in the area. Ralph Razee had Honda down in Rhode Island. We did 900 units in some years. Southern Honda appears to have that volume every two months.

Vickers, in Huntingdon had American cars AND Japanese motorcycles. The owner of SCS would bitterly complain about Vickers, but I don’t know if he actually lost any sales to him. I think he was opposed to the very idea of discounting.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Bought my 2014 at Southern Honda Powersports. Deal was made over the phone. Drove 600 miles and traded my 2007 for the 2014. Inquired about a new 2018 there and could not come to terms. So ended up buying the 2018 at a local dealer.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Bought my 2007 from Them and traded it in for my 2019 DCT airbagger. Bradley at Southern Honda Powersports in Chattanooga was also my salesperson. Thumbs up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts