GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed both upper and lower showchrome air deflectors. They look great on my 2020 white/blacked out DCT tour. Uppers went on no problem, instructions were not the best, but adequate. The lowers.... thats another story. Instructions were usless, had to youtube it and see it on a bike to figure out how to mount. Love the look of them on the bike, will see how they perform after it stops raining here.
Jimmy in Texarkana USA

·
Registered
318 Posts
Aloha jimmydsmith7,

You know that bike parts are not considered installed without picture proof! LOL!:cool:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Jimmy, I agree . . . the instruction pictures were pretty useless! I have the upper & lowers and really like the look!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also like the fact that the lowers do not interfere with the use of highway pegs and seem to provide a large area of extra wind/rain protection. I also looked at the Honda lowers, but found that they would not allow me to use my highway pegs as intended. Also like that these are very secure with minimal attachment points.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
I currently have both uppers and lowers but will replace the lowers with Kuryakyn lowers. I think that the uppers are the best available. The lowers do a good job of moving air around your legs. They can loosen up when adjusted to attempt to get air to you legs in the summer.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
The Honda uppers and lowers were installed by the dealer. The uppers do a good job of blocking the wind and have the strongest mounting hardware. This has drawbacks as it blocks the flow of cool air when open. The fixed Honda lowers do a good job of diverting the air around your legs but interfere if you want to use highway pegs.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I have Show Chrome uppers and Baker Built lowers. I am kinda bummed about the difference in color and chrome hardware Show Chrome uses. Also bummed that the Baker's are very likely to interfere with hwy pegs. So I have to really think about which is most important to me. I am considering replacing the Bakers with Show Chrome and having the hardware painted black. But then again, IDGAF about looks as much as I care about function.

BTW, yesterday was the first time I used the uppers to pull wind in for cooling. They work.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
The new Kuryakyn lowers are now on the bike. I used 3M Velcro instead of the tape to install the lowers. After looking at all the other lowers available these may be the best. They are also coming out with uppers. These are almost twice as expensive as the Show Chrome but seem to better made.

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
After much much thought and comparing pics side by side I made the decision to go with OEM Honda uppers and Kury lowers. That combo and a Laminar lip I have on the OEM shield is working so well it has talked me out of buying an F4. 'm good!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I run the upper winglets and that seems fine for me. Also run a stock tour windscreen in the summer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts