GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered these headlight protectors today. One question; Are these adhesive points not leaving any traces behind after a long time on the screen.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
While I have not had the Show Chrome headlight protector on my bike for very long. I have had a similar headlight protector on both BMW K1600GTLs. They use the same fastener and I have never had any lasting traces when I removed the connectors.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my previous bike(crf1000 DCT) I had one from powerbronze. The fastener where just outside the screen. So you did not have adhesive on your screen or lens how you call it.

·
Registered
19,228 Posts
Has anyone ever had a rock take out a light on their bike? Not here.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Has anyone ever had a rock take out a light on their bike? Not here.
I road the Alaska Highway last year going to and from Alaska. Probably the worst road conditions you will ever find.

Fog light lens broke, lower cowl broke, Head lights not broken.
(you results may vary)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 times ones with the VFR1200F and I was lucky there was a Chinese copy at low price., and once with my aprilia RSV 2 and there the light where all seperated , mean two blocks witch makes it less expencive. Here in Europe Headlight is all most 1000 €.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I ordered these headlight protectors today. One question; Are these adhesive points not leaving any traces behind after a long time on the screen.

If you should want to perminately remove your headlight protectors, I'm not clear as to why you would choose to do so, you can clean the spot where the adhesive might remain with Goof-off. The velcro dots which hold the covers onto the bike are about the size of a dime and work great as do these headlight protectors. They (the velcro) remain on the bike and the cover when you pull off the cover to clean your headlight.:yes1:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts