GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:roll: I'm in the market for my first pair of headsets. Have an 08 GL1800.
Also have two new HJC open face helmets with flip-up visors and removable lining. I'm a bit concerned with how J&M's clamp to the side of the helmet. So my question is, can anyone out there recommend the Big Bike Parts / Show Chrome #13201 headset offered on Direct Line? I don't want to spend much over $100 each and these look like they would fit quite well, including mic boom, behind the removable lining.
Any advice out there?

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,824 Posts
I bought two sets of Show Chrome headsets a few years ago. They are total junk, 250 dollars wasted in my case. I even had one set fail. I removed the Show Chrome headsets and threw than into a drawer. Spend your money once and get a quality headset. I bought the ED Sets and the quality of the sound is night and day over the Show Chrome headsets I bought...and in the event of a failure, the ED Sets customer service after the sale is second to none. Just my experience with headsets.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Basic J and M headsets are only $99.00 on their site. They are what I use. I cannot tell any difference in the quality of sound. I do not listen to the radio much anyway, only use them for the CB, still use shoulder taps and signals riding two up, will turn on the intercom sometimes for a short time.

I think the basic J and M is ok. But I could not hear the difference in a 10 dollar speaker and a 1000 dollar one either.

Kit

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. I was considering a little cheaper in price ( less than EDset) just to see how well intercom works. I'll have to order two so even the cheaper ones are an expense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts