GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had experience with the Show Chrome TPM system? I am looking into adding it to my bike.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Anyone had experience with the Show Chrome TPM system? I am looking into adding it to my bike.
I love it. Works extremely well. I made a nice mounting plate for it that mounts to the dash and makes it very visible. Great if for nothing else peace of mind.
Kurt

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey Kurt, I have the Show Chrome TPMS. Just installed it last week and thus haven't had a chance to use it much. I'm curious how you made the mounting plate and exactly where did you put it? Also, do you remove it in the rain as I believe the device isn't waterproof and do you remove when you park the bike so it won't get stolen?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Hey Kurt, I have the Show Chrome TPMS. Just installed it last week and thus haven't had a chance to use it much. I'm curious how you made the mounting plate and exactly where did you put it? Also, do you remove it in the rain as I believe the device isn't waterproof and do you remove when you park the bike so it won't get stolen?
I made this mount using the tin from a inspection sticker bracket. Cut it with tin snips and bent it with a rubber hammer in the vice. Cut to be about a half inch wider than the moniter and bent close to a 45deg angle. Drilled a 3/8 hole on the right side of the mount next to the edge to hook the safety chain. covered with the fuzzy side of velcro and applied the other part of the velcro to the moniter back. applied 3m 2 sided tape to the bottom and this sticks to the top of the dash on the right side and angles down to easily be read as ride. my dash mat covers the tin on the top and all you see is velcro that matches th dash mat. If you dont use a mat you can mount the same way but under the top of the dash.
I hope i explained that well enough for you. If not pm me your phone # and maybe I can explain it better. It looks really sharp.
Kurt:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
It is water resistant and with this mount you can pull it off and put it in the locking pocket.
Kurt:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts