GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give the review or like / dislike on the Show Chrome black wind deflectors upper and lower ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also tried to find any reviews about these deflectors and no results. I’m choosing between OEM Honda deflectors and Show Crome.
Honda deflectors pros - made from polycarbonate, more sturdy. Cons - so pricey.
Show Chrome deflectors pros - on my taste better design. Cons - made from acrylic, easy to scratch.
So, I’m choose Show Chrome and already ordered it. Best price that I found in this shop- upper https://www.mototourinc.com/upper-wind-deflectors-for-goldwing-gl1833 and lower https://www.mototourinc.com/lower-wind-deflectors-for-goldwing-gl1833. Owner of this shop AL told me that he sold Show Chrome deflectors over 10 sets already with no complaints.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Hello Reben77!

How are things on your side of the world? Still cold and snowing here in Ohio.

I have the OEM Honda uppers only. I like them and they look good on the bike to me. They may not funnel air to you as much in hot weather as the Baker Built upper wings I had on my 2004 GW.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm crossing my fingers and thanks rubin77. I've looked at cyclemax and their price was much more . Plus Moto gave me free shipping. I ordered them a few minutes ago .
Rubin77 where is this Company shipping from ? I looked at the site and couldn't fine where they are from ?

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm crossing my fingers and thanks rubin77. I've looked at cyclemax and their price was much more . Plus Moto gave me free shipping. I ordered them a few minutes ago .
Rubin77 where is this Company shipping from ? I looked at the site and couldn't fine where they are from ?
Moto Tour Inc
7301 77th Street

Pinellas Park, FL 33781

I found this under Contact Us at the top of the page.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello Reben77!

How are things on your side of the world? Still cold and snowing here in Ohio.
Hello Raw2210!
In Moscow weather the same like in Ohio, cold and snowing :frown2:. Looking forward to warm days :smile2:

Hello Steves2018!
They shipping from Clearwater, FL

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone give the review or like / dislike on the Show Chrome black wind deflectors upper and lower ?
Installed the uppers yesterday and they work well from a rider perspective. Don't know yet about passenger as the wife hasn't been on it since. The installation was somewhat problematic in that I couldn't really determine which was left and right. Probably marked on the package and I just didn't notice. Thinking about the lowers now.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
I have not used the Baker air deflectors and don’t plan to. The Show Chrome adjust to let in the most air but do not stay adjusted. The Honda uppers are the strongest but don’t let in anywhere as much air when open.
i have gone with Kuryakyn as they don’t look bad and work somewhere between the other two.
as far as lowers go keeping them closed diverts the hot air from the radiators around your legs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts