GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went the local dealer and tried on the new Shuberth C-3. WOW what a lid! Anybody have any thoughts or comments. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I bought one a couple of years ago. Great helmet but I had to send it back. There was just not enough room for my chin. Other than that they are a very nice helmet.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Liked the helmet but for me too not enough chin room
Very expensive and expensive to install a J&M headset

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I bought one a couple of years ago. Great helmet but I had to send it back. There was just not enough room for my chin. Other than that they are a very nice helmet.
same issue here, although I determined this before I bought it. Wouldn't have been able to fit a mike any where around my mouth, and the chin strap about choked me.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Wearing a Schuberth C3 helmet is like wearing velvet. Love it!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I like everything about it except that I seem to get a little head shake from the wind coming off the Wing's windshield. When I am on a bike that has my head fully in the air stream it is great.

I'm in Mercer. If you want to meet up so you can take the lid for a spin we can try to find a time. My schedule is a bit crazy but hopefully we can find something.

Hector

·
Registered
410 Posts
I bought the C3 about two months ago.

It has plenty of chin room for a mic. It has less wind noise than any other helmet I've owned. It has a great system to keep the helmet from rolling off your head in an accident.

I would not buy it again if I had to do it over. Here's why.

The most aggravating thing about it is the visor. It will not stay open. I wrote the company about this. They said, there is no adjustment for the friction.
Basically, live with it. Also the visor will not stay locked down either. And there is a gap between the visor and the helmet seal. Which is why it leaks when it rains.
When I first got it, I weighted it and it weighted exactly what my Nolan 102 weighted. That was a little disappointing. As all the reviews said how light it was.

YMMV.

John

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I went the local dealer and tried on the new Shuberth C-3. WOW what a lid! Anybody have any thoughts or comments. :shrug:
I have had one since April 2009 (I bought mine while visiting Europe). I got the SRC (bluetooth module) in June 2010.

I LOVE THIS HELMET & BT setup!!!

Best Regards,

Shane

·
Registered
425 Posts
I bought one at revzilla but had to send it back,it just wasnt big enough for my chin,other than that it was a very well built helmet

·
Registered
205 Posts
My wife and I bought our C3's back in May and sent them to J&M to add the "Elite" headphone/mic to them. After using them on a vacation ride through Texas, New Mexico and Colorado... we love the helmets, they fit great and are very quiet. I have found that the mic works just fine if I move it to the left corner of my mouth and away from my chin... this avoids interference with my chin. The J&M installation is outstanding and the sound quality is excellent. They are expensive, but eliminate buffet and allow me to cut back on the volume settings on the comm system. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
655 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
They use two shell sizes. The Large helmet uses the smaller shell, the XL and larger use the large shell.

If you use a large, that is where one usually runs into chin room problems. Most other sizes it is OK.

MP

·
Registered
560 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
They use two shell sizes. The Large helmet uses the smaller shell, the XL and larger use the large shell.

If you use a large, that is where one usually runs into chin room problems. Most other sizes it is OK.

MP
Why/how can you jump to this conclusion?

As noted in my above post, I (and others) had a serious problem with lack of room in the jaw and chin areas - and this was with an XL. I do NOT have an OJ Simpson sized noggin or Jay Leno jaw (I wear a 7 3/8 hat).

Also, the XL shell is big, looks like a big melon sitting on your head.

While trying out this helmet at a BMW dealer, I mentioned the fit problem (jaw/chin) and the sales rep nodded knowingly and said that certainly wasn't the first time customers have said that.

Don't get me wrong, the C3 is a beautifully made helmet, but it simply is not going to fit everyone.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I respectfully disagree with some of the comments about a lack of chin space with the C3.

My wife and I both have C3 helmets; hers a women's small and mine a men's x-large. Prior to the Schuberth, I had a couple of HJC modular models and I have tried on pretty much all of the other modular models. I found Noland to have the least chin space, causing me chin and lips to be in constant contact with the inside of the chin bar. With both models of my HJC helmets, I have a mike attached to the inside of the chin bar and still ave not clearance issues.

The C3 is the only brand, other than HJC, that has provided enough chin space. I also have their OEM wireless audio system installed and I have sufficient space for the boom mike to sit behind the chin bar.

Of all the modular brands I have been able to find, the Schuberth C3 has more chin space than all others, except the HJC models and they have only marginally more.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I think this must have been another Schubert helmet. The C3 is the first flip helmet which fitted me and did not hit my chin. Also the C3 is only available since early 2010. I bought it for use on my GL1000's without any windshield protection, otherwise I prefer open face (Arai).

·
Registered
405 Posts
Why/how can you jump to this conclusion?

As noted in my above post, I (and others) had a serious problem with lack of room in the jaw and chin areas - and this was with an XL. I do NOT have an OJ Simpson sized noggin or Jay Leno jaw (I wear a 7 3/8 hat).

Also, the XL shell is big, looks like a big melon sitting on your head.

While trying out this helmet at a BMW dealer, I mentioned the fit problem (jaw/chin) and the sales rep nodded knowingly and said that certainly wasn't the first time customers have said that.

Don't get me wrong, the C3 is a beautifully made helmet, but it simply is not going to fit everyone.
Do not believe I said it would fit everyone. As with all helmets, individual fit is important. If it does not fit, get a different model.

I was just pointing out that there are two shell sizes, and the break is at XL. So, if you are a Large, you will have more problems than if you are a XL.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pulled the trigger on a white xl from Metchen Honda. Fit is near perfect very happy. Put the pinlock on the shield and no fog for sure. Only 200 miles so far and very happy.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I tried one on and that was my problem. Too close for comfort!! Nice helmet though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts