GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good place to watch the launch. Tried to get tickets and they sold out in less than 2 minutes. We are staying in Titusville and are open to ideas. Launch is scheduled for 7:32 AM

Also has anyone seen the Blueman group at Universal? We are interested but have not pulled the trigger on getting tickets yet.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Saw the Blue Man group in Boston, we really enjoyed the show. I give them :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Blueman Group in Las Vegas. The show was lame. Many friends who have also seen it in LV have the same opinion. :nojoke:There are too many Blueman "Groups". Now commercialized and the origional group is who know's where, so In my opinion they are warn out, tired out, not worth the $$$. Better comedy can be found at a JR. College community show. Butt...... this does not explain why Carrot Top is still performing at the Luzor in LV after a year!!! :nojoke::eek:4::nojoke:Yawn
See Jeff Dunham if you want to die laughing.:yes1::yes1::yes1::yes1:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
If you're staying in Titusville, then you're about as close as you can get without a NASA pass. You can get a good view of the launch across the river if you pull into the Holiday Inn Riverfront Kennedy Space Center parking lot and watch it from there.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I saw the Blue Man Group in Vegas and absolutely loved it. I guess it all depends on what type of comedy you like.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you're staying in Titusville, then you're about as close as you can get without a NASA pass. You can get a good view of the launch across the river if you pull into the Holiday Inn Riverfront Kennedy Space Center parking lot and watch it from there.
:agree: I used to live in Oviedo (NE Orlando) and watched the shuttle launch from my home. Loved the night launches. Hated the early morning landings - the double sonic boom from the shuttle would just about knock us out of bed.

While you are in Titusville, try the Dixie Crossroads Seafood Restaurant for a great meal.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
If I remember correctly the Holiday Inn is a good place to watch it from

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I have been to 100's of concerts, and Blue Man is definitely up there in the top 10. I saw the Complex tour (4th row)and the "How to be a Rock Star" tour.

Definitely worth it when you have the opportunity.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Blue Man group ROCKS!!! We saw them in Vegas and were in the 5th row... would love to see them again... Blue Man group is different than anything else you may have seen... it's not a rock concert... it's not a comedic show... it's a little of both with some theatrics thrown in...

The biggest thing with Blue Man Group is how they take ordinary objects (pvc pipe, captain crunch etc) and turn them into musical istruments... you really should look at it differently... it not your common rock concert... there is also a LOT of audience interaction...

Oh and the comment on Jeff Dunham.... He rocks too!!!

Melissa

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I saw the Blue Man Group in Vegas and absolutely loved it. I guess it all depends on what type of comedy you like.
:agree:
It's theater, concert & performance art, some just don't get it.. If you're going with expectations of stand up comedy, you'll be disappointed.. Rent the "MegaStar" DVD if you can find it.. That'll give you an idea of what they do but doesn't replace actually experiancing it for yourself..

There is a lot of audiance involvment, review the seating charts when you reserve, there are "wet" seats where you'll be wearing plastic ponchos.. Personally I liked the Blue Man Group WAY better than Cirque di Soleil "O"..

Yes there are a number of different shows with different troupes but they are all very consistant!! In rock concerts, there's only one Robert Plant, Mick Jagger, Stevie Nicks, Rod Stewart, Niel Diamond, Eminem etc.. The BMG was designed to not focus on a single player.. Like dance troupes it doesn't really matter who is on the stage, they're performers working through the show, if they're good the experiance is complete for the audience...

DUH, just noticied Sassy already commented... Sorry..

·
Registered
713 Posts
When is the shuttle launch?
Darts

·
Registered
952 Posts
I was once told, by a guy in RonJon's Surf Shop on Cocoa Beach that anywhere between Key West and Myrtle Beach is a good place to see the launch!!!:lol:
We were there to watch a night launch in 1990. Unfortunately, 13 seconds before liftoff, they stopped the count down. :-(Rescheduled it for the next day. Then, scrubbed it. Didn't lauch that mission until three months later.
I have never been back for one, but would like to see it sometime.

-Dan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts