GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if there is an adjustment to whatever tells my 2002 rather the side compartment is open or closed. It shuts and latches just fine with normal presure but the indicator on the dash always says it is open unless I slam it hard. Hate doing that. Suggestions?

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
You can get a bit of play on the micro switches by loosening and wiggling and re tighten. You can even take a small file and gently elongate the mounting holes.

Try just spraying the weather strip with silicone lube first. See if that does it. The weather strip has to compress for the lid to shut.

No need to slam it, just push a bit more firmly and it will be fine.

·
Registered
927 Posts
The problem is usually the latches, not the warning. Are you sure both latches are engaged? It's possible to have just one engage, I found, particularly on the left bag. Next time it happens, try pushing firmly right by each latch, and see if one now clicks in. Kits lubricating the weather strip solution may fix that problem.

Yes, I've permanently solved the problem now :).

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankx Tryker and Kit. Upon further inspection the front latch was not latching (and yes this is only the left side). All it takes is slight pressure at that latch if it doesn't latch when closing. I'll try some lube too. Thankx.

·
Vendor
18,094 Posts
You can see the recall at JustWings.com > printed material > recalls and bulitins

1 - 5 of 5 Posts