GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bulge on the side wall of my Komho has
Any one else had this problem ? I keep it @ 34 to 36
And what is the latest and greatest dark side tire ?

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
The only Kumhos I have seen with a bulge in the sidewall was due to bead damage during installation of the tire onto the wheel. Besides the Kumho, other popular run-flats seem to be the Pirelli Eufori and the Michelin Primacy.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Broken bead? They are a tough tire to mount and any of them can have that problem. If you like it, don't give up on it. Probably not the tires fault.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had one break a belt / bulge in sidewall. When I took it off I cut into the sidewall to see what had happened. Long story short layers seperated. I'm still running Kumho's and perelli's.
greg

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
The only Kumhos I have seen with a bulge in the sidewall was due to bead damage during installation of the tire onto the wheel. Besides the Kumho, other popular run-flats seem to be the Pirelli Eufori and the Michelin Primacy.
:agree: As of late, the Michelin Primacy has been getting quite a following!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I had a large knot come up on the sidewall of a Kumho, but it was the ride right after I had run over a large rock/brick on a dark road at night. I feel the impact caused the separation. I went to the Pirelli and rode it out and now am on the Michelin (my favorite so far).

Attachments

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Looks like it's got the mumps to me!:lol:

·
Registered
8,095 Posts

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts