GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for feedback on which is the best antenna to go with or does it seem to not make any difference TIA. Kinda like the looks of two chrome masts reaching for the sky.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I use the sierra single antena...reception for cb and factory radio is very good. The sierra dble antena is just for looks...second antena is a "dummy" antenna and I didnt want to have to drill holes or run unneccesaty equipment. sierra single antena just screws on and no drilling.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have the single antenna in the black whip style. Works fine and looks very good on the black bike. Didn't want to drill into trunk... :roll:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sierra's System

I had the Honda setup when I bought the bike. I did not like the CB range and the FM was just ok. I had Sierra install the two black ones at their shop in OH last Sept.

As mentioned before one antenna does all of the work and the other is a dummy to replace and fill the holes from the other Honda one. Install by them took 20 minutes in their shop.

I have found that my performance is 200% better for the CB and FM. The AM however is not qiute as good as before, still ok. Sierra tells you this about the AM before you buy right up front.

I also have a black wing and I think they look much better than the chrome (imho).

Would I do it again,,,, YES.

Good Luck,

VA-Deano

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have the Sierra also. Performance is good. I missed the AM reception and put a stock Honda on the other side. ( some modification necessary)

Sierra warns against this because it affects the CB performance. I haven't noticed any CB performance drop with the second antenna installed, but the AM/FM is much improved. You also don't have to answer the question " Do you have a CB" at group rides.
:blw1:

·
Registered
17,141 Posts
I put the Sierra on mine to avoid having to have the nerdish looking second antenna and more to avoid drilling my plastic and routing lines. The Sierra is plug and play. Sure works better than it did before, except I would not know about AM radio, don't use it at all -- why do they even bother putting AM radio's out these days -- maybe that is just true around here as reception is difficult in our terrain.

prs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts