GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the brake light modulator from Hal (along with a service manual and other goodies) and have two questions:
(1) Will the unit handle 2 trailer brake lights on my Roll-a-Home pop up trailer in addition the Wing’s brake lights?
(2) And if so, where should I wire the unit into the brake light system?

Thanks in advance for your help :flg:.

Bill Trammell

·
Registered
233 Posts
I installed the Back Off modulater to the brake light wires ahead of the trunk under the seat. I tow an Aspen classic and before that a Kwikkamp with no problems. Mine was an earlier version with just an input and an output wire. Real simple to install. Had it on my '85 Aspencade then moved it to the 1800. Gosh.... this thing probably has 100K miles on it by now. Have fun and God Bless! :lol:

·
Registered
75 Posts
oldtags said:
I just ordered the brake light modulator from Hal (along with a service manual and other goodies) and have two questions:
(1) Will the unit handle 2 trailer brake lights on my Roll-a-Home pop up trailer in addition the Wing’s brake lights?
(2) And if so, where should I wire the unit into the brake light system?

Thanks in advance for your help :flg:.

Bill Trammell
Mine came with excellent instructions for connection under the seat. You should have no trouble doing it once you see them.
Rob

·
Registered
343 Posts
Simple install, I added some wire to my brake light wre and put the modulator in the R hand passenger cubby. I used plugs on the wires and modulator so I can quick change back to standard operation if needed.

You should have an isolator between the bike and trailer, thus the modulator is simply making and breaking a relay not actualy carrying the light bulb load. Hak has the isolators too. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts