GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quite a while ago, on the "old board" someone wrote,

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Just one thing, Signal Dynamics is not just a plug & go setup. The instructions call for the installer to CUT the factory wire & to splice the modulator in. What I did was this:
1. Bought extra headlight sockets from Auto Zone, & soldered the modulator wires which would lead to the headlights.
2. Bought some 100 amp blade fuses. I tore them apart & soldered the modulator wires to the blades to make MALE connections that insert into the factory light sockets.

So, what we have is:
factory wire w/factory light socket.
-connecting to-
MALE connection leads, to MODULATOR with wire leads to new light sockets.
-connecting to-
The light bulbs.

(The Modulator will have a male end & a female plug end.)

If the Modulator goes bad for any reason I can just unplug the modulator & plug back the factory plugs to the head lights.

The factory has two different High Beam power feeds. I am using just one side of the High Beam wiring. I figured that if the Low Beams are also 55 watts & they are on one supply, I would try it out on the High Beam (55 w) also.

Working for 1 1/2 years now with no problems."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm finally getting around to the install, and the local Auto Zone can't find the headlight sockets. (Not that they tried very hard--when they found out it was for a motorcycle they said there wasn't much they could do. They do their parts' searches based on make/model rather than part name.)

Anyway, does someone know of a source and/or aftermaket part number for the H-7 headlight sockets? (I don't want to pay the Honda price for a standard replacement part.) Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Bob,

While the 1800 uses H7 bulbs, the plugs are an H4 design. I have the side that would plug into the bulb, but thats it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts