GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a possible future wing owner. when looking at used, what year(s) had significant improvements to take earlier years out of consideration? thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
2006, fixed frame weld problem, better stereo with power amp and rear speakers. 01 through 05 are the same.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I was thinking in 05 or 06 a bigger radiator and alternator were also added.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
2006, fixed frame weld problem, better stereo with power amp and rear speakers. 01 through 05 are the same.
'06 began the different "levels" of pricing that forced you to pay extra for the improved sound system and the built-in GPS in order to get ABS brakes. '05 was the last year you could get the ABS for a small added cost, without having to pay for all the other accessories you didn't necessarily want.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Actually the frame fix took place late in the 2004 production run. At least Honda stopped the recall mid run due to a change in the production process. Mine was a late 2004 model and was outside of the recall based on VIN's.

·
Registered
501 Posts
30th anniversary badging. They're special.
:lol:

Rear lights changed 2006 :eek:4:
:agree:couldn't have said it better:agree:
oh and did I tell you I hate those 06 and up tail lights. That's why I bought my new 05 in aug of 06, couldn't get pass those 06 tail lights

·
Registered
7,196 Posts
I am a possible future wing owner. when looking at used, what year(s) had significant improvements to take earlier years out of consideration? thanks for your help.

Honda made significant improvements in the frame starting with the late 04 models to strengthen the rear triangle of the frame. There have been many frames failures..and still counting.... with the 01 to 04 model. There has been no frame failures with the 05 and up models.

To Honda's credit, they have it seems from most reports been taking care of 01 to 04 model owners that have experienced a frame tube crack in the rear triangle and replaced the defective frame out of warranty.

·
Registered
118 Posts
05 was the last year for flat white. After 05 it went to pearl white; of course you know that the fastest color is white.:popcorn:

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Check the honda online site once you have the serial number if you are looking between 02 and 04 and it will tell you if the welds have been done and or it was a recall.

Best advise: anything over 05 to present

·
Registered
686 Posts
05 was the last year for flat white. After 05 it went to pearl white; of course you know that the fastest color is white.:popcorn:
Actually 06 still had the Glacier White. 07 had no white and in 08 they came out with Pearl White for the 1800. But you are right White is the best color.

Teddyb3
aka Dan

·
Registered
248 Posts
Actually the frame fix took place late in the 2004 production run. At least Honda stopped the recall mid run due to a change in the production process. Mine was a late 2004 model and was outside of the recall based on VIN's.
:thumbup: +1 I have a late 04 model and it has the upgraded frame and was outside the recall.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts