GL1800Riders Forums banner

Silver Lady Log (2015)

12K views 53 replies 4 participants last post by  carolinarider10 
#1 ·
2015 Audio Comfort, purchased February 2015

150 miles - added the following upgrades, Fuzz Block power distribution system, Autocom Super Pro Automatic, interfaces for Goldwing audio to Autocom, CB Radio, single antenna, for AM/FM and CB, Zumo 665 mount, Adaptiv Radar mount, two Powerlet outlets for heated gear, Rear spoiler with Trailblazer modulator, left from "glove box" stereo audio input and cigarette lighter socket.

875 miles - First Oil change. Added Show Chrome tapered bolts for seat (I have removed and reinstalled the seat a lot to get the audio system where I want it.)

Next up.. Fog Lights

#52 ·
Over the last few days I have been working on installing a video front and rear digital camera as recommended by SSNCOB. It has been an interesting adventure. Especially the $60 for the drill bit recommended (I forgot the name but will fill it in when I get down and can go back and look at his post).

However, as I thought it would, the drill bit did a very nice and tidy job on the hole drilling in plastic.

Here is a picture of the device laid out for testing and inspection prior to mounting on the Goldwing.

Wood Luggage and bags Table Bag Eyewear

I installed the main unit in the bike's trunk.

Office equipment Office supplies Computer hardware Gadget Bumper

Hood Automotive exterior Auto part Gadget Audio equipment

I did my best not to have any of the wires make 90 degree bends but make a gentle turn. Here is an image from the other side.

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Hood Bumper Trunk

The power supply unit is located under the seat since access to this device is not really needed very often it would seem.

Electrical wiring Cable Audio equipment Computer hardware Auto part

Power comes directly from the battery with an inline 2.5 Amp fuse. Getting too many wires on the battery is an issue but.... I had just enough room for one more on each battery terminal. I did cheat and use one of the switched connections in the Fuzeblocks thing shown in the image to provide the "signal" that the bike was running.

Front Camera is located under the nose. I will be watching the wire to see if it gets degraded by contact with the bike.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire Bumper

The rear camera is mounted at the top of the trunk on the XM antenna mount for my older Garmin GPS.

Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

A still image from the front camera
Vehicle Tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

Still image from the rear camera ( the bike is in the garage. )

Window Plant Natural environment Shade Wood

Drop Box Links for the videos

Front Camera Video

Rear Camera Video

Same videos from Youtube if you are interested.

Rear Camera

Front Camera

#54 ·
Mileage 88,000

Replaced the Hannigan GL Series trailer tires with new Hi-Run 4.80 x 12 6 ply tubeless from Tractor Mart. I think they were sold as 6 ply but.... Had them mounted at a local service shop, cost $25. They were balanced but different number of weights than on the tires being replaced. We shall see.

Also lubricated the swing arms while I had the tire off.
(26,000)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.