GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for anyone with All Balls. I'm yet to ride, due to weather, but the handlebars feel dramatically different. I'm torqued to the right specs, and there is no slop. I'm sure everything is seated, but this is amazing. Did you guys notice such a dramatic difference? I think my old bearings must've been worn a little or something. Can anyone put my mind at ease?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I dont have all balls nor do I have any plan to. I've read there is a significant increase in steering effort compared to stock and it takes some getting used to. I like the light steering from the stock setup and my decel wobble was cured by a Bridgestone front tire and the additional ride height of the traxxion springs. There is also alot of commentary regarding proper torque for the all balls, I think some go lighter than recomended.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
for anyone with All Balls. I'm yet to ride, due to weather, but the handlebars feel dramatically different. I'm torqued to the right specs, and there is no slop. I'm sure everything is seated, but this is amazing. Did you guys notice such a dramatic difference? I think my old bearings must've been worn a little or something. Can anyone put my mind at ease?
All balls made a wonderful change in my 02 1800. I bought it in March of 08 with 6800 miles on it. All balls along with progressive springs and new fork oil now make it even more fun to ride. The old bearings are a joke in my opinion. Put your mind at ease this improvment was a wise choice.:thumbup:and no more speed wobble and the front end feels great. You are gonna love it.
Kurt

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
All balls made a wonderful change in my 02 1800. I bought it in March of 08 with 6800 miles on it. All balls along with progressive springs and new fork oil now make it even more fun to ride. The old bearings are a joke in my opinion. Put your mind at ease this improvment was a wise choice.:thumbup:and no more speed wobble and the front end feels great. You are gonna love it.
Kurt
:agree:
I had all-balls installed on my '03 and could tell no difference in the steering, just absence of low speed wobble. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
+1 :agree: Also did the Traxxion springs.
:agree:
I had all-balls installed on my '03 and could tell no difference in the steering, just absence of low speed wobble. :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts