GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read all about the "rotten egg" smell, but my issue seems different.

I had the frame recall done, and since I picked it up, I've had what I would call fuel fumes. This was not there before I took it in, but has showed up since.

I went back to the dealer, and they took off the seat and showed me what was done in regards to the fuel, and it should in no way affect any leakage of fuel or smell of fumes. To me, it seems like fuel, to the point that my eyes at times would almost tear up. Of course, it's off and on, so while at the dealer, it did not have a strong smell.

Could this still be the same smell as the rotten egg bikes, and why now, and not before?

Thanks
Regor

·
Registered
990 Posts
Check the fuel canister behind the front cowl. It may have gotten filled with gas when they tipped the bike over on it side during the welding procedure.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Gladiator said:
Check the fuel canister behind the front cowl. It may have gotten filled with gas when they tipped the bike over on it side during the welding procedure.
Yep... and make sure there is a hose hanging loose from the top of the canister and there is nothing on the bottom fitting. It takes a while for normal high speed driving to completely purge the canister.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts