GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't want to hojack other Sirius Thread so,
I don't make very many good decisions when it comes to spending money, but, I did make one.

Way back in about 1996 or '97, When Sirius and XM were seriously competing against each other, Sirius US, offered a Lifetime Contract for just under $500.00 US, and I bought one.
I live in British Columbia, Canada and at that time neither Sirius or XM were in Canada, so to get one up here you had to have a US address.

I used the same one many Canadians did, but won't put it here.

So over 20 years later I am still running on that Lifetime Contract, which of course, hasn't been available for many years.

Sirius is so upset that they never ever contact us Lifers, just wants to die.
Only downside to my Lifetime Contact, (Maybe), is that I bought it 3 months too soon.
About 3 months after I bought, they upgraded to unlimited raradio changes.

When I purchased mine we were only allowed 3 free Changes (eg one radio to another,) .
I have managed to talk them into 5 free changes, but was assured that the last, was THE LAST one.
From now on I will probably have to pay about $75.00 US for any changes, and have also been told that if I attempt and more changes, the contract May be cancelled, (and they would love to do that, of course.)
I used to have my Sirius mounted on Clutch Master cylinder and they only lasted about 3 years, before failing.

I now leave it in left Side pocket, and it lives there quite happily. Only downside is that stations can't be changed while underway,

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
I don't remember how long its been its been so long, but I also have the lifetime all access. I didn't realize they ever allowed free multiple changes. Mine started back when the RoadyXT was popular. My original one finally went bad about 10 years ago so I had to pay the $75. So I'm still way ahead.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I am a lifer as well. They hate me when I try to upgrade or switch a radio. I wear them down when I start reading my contract and pointing out certain wording. My buddy told me that he used a trick of saying his car was stolen and they restarted his new radio with no charge. Apparently my buddy had to speak with a supervisor but explained he did not plan on having his car stolen and couldn't understand the need for re connection fee due he did not PLAN this. Supervisor agreed and let him connect another radio at no charge.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Didn't want to hojack other Sirius Thread so,
I don't make very many good decisions when it comes to spending money, but, I did make one.

Way back in about 1996 or '97, When Sirius and XM were seriously competing against each other, Sirius US, offered a Lifetime Contract for just under $500.00 US, and I bought one.
I live in British Columbia, Canada and at that time neither Sirius or XM were in Canada, so to get one up here you had to have a US address.

I used the same one many Canadians did, but won't put it here.

So over 20 years later I am still running on that Lifetime Contract, which of course, hasn't been available for many years.

Sirius is so upset that they never ever contact us Lifers, just wants to die.
Only downside to my Lifetime Contact, (Maybe), is that I bought it 3 months too soon.
About 3 months after I bought, they upgraded to unlimited raradio changes.

When I purchased mine we were only allowed 3 free Changes (eg one radio to another,) .
I have managed to talk them into 5 free changes, but was assured that the last, was THE LAST one.
From now on I will probably have to pay about $75.00 US for any changes, and have also been told that if I attempt and more changes, the contract May be cancelled, (and they would love to do that, of course.)
I used to have my Sirius mounted on Clutch Master cylinder and they only lasted about 3 years, before failing.

I now leave it in left Side pocket, and it lives there quite happily. Only downside is that stations can't be changed while underway,
I have a lifetime in my boat, truck and motorcycle. I have had to change several times on bike because of vibration and i also put mine in the left pocket years ago and have no problem with it. Life is good.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a lifetime in my boat, truck and motorcycle. I have had to change several times on bike because of vibration and i also put mine in the left pocket years ago and have no problem with it. Life is good.
Ya only thing wrong with it left pocket is changing stations, I can do whilst underway but it definitely isn't safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts