GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With NASCAR going to Sirius from XM I thought it would be a good time to switch to Sirius. After looking at the Stratus I couldn't find a jack that I could plug into the AUX on the Wing radio. Asked the clerk about this, and he said all Sirius radios were modulated, it had to be played through the FM radio. Anyone know if this is true? I haven't had very good luck with modulated radios, seems there's always a staion over riding. how do you guys with Sirius radios handle this? Is it a real problem?

Harold

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I have the Sporster 4 and it plays with the AUX input on the wing. You might need a new Sirius dealer because I don't think this one knows what they are talking about ...

·
Registered
153 Posts
The Clarion Calypso Sirius has AUX as well as FM modulator.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Hey, do you guys find a need for the ground loop isolator?

TIA

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I'm guessing the clerk was VERY young??? I think that all the Sirius radios I've seen has the aux output. My Starmate Replay does.

I put my isolator in and have not checked it without it so I don't know if it's reuired or not. Could try it first without it I guess.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Is there a bracket made somewhere that I could use to mount a Sirius S50 to my 06 'Wing? The S50 was originally bought for a car I no longer have. By the way, the S50 has both modulated and AUX outputs.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
hillcityrider,
My Sirius Starmate has four recepticles; antenna, power, FM out, and audio. Sometimes the "audio out" is labeled as "headphones" and will wourk with the Wing Aux input.

In looking at the Serius web site, the home docking station and the cat kits that I found details for listed audio out jacks.

I prefer to get the sat radio receivers that do not require a docking station. For XM I like the Roady/Roady2 receivers. It also had an "audio out" recepticle.

Keep Looking!

Good Luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts