GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were thinking about trying to add satellite radio to the bike. It would cut down on always having to tune for a radio station. Pretty handy.

The wife's car came with a FREE six-month subscription to SiriusXM Satellite Radio.

As it was getting ready to expire, they began calling me on a weekly basis to ask us to renew. We said no. Repeatedly.

New and improved offers began arriging in the mail. Free THIS, extended THAT, blah blah blah.

Today I get a notice from a collection agency. It seems that I have not paid my Sirius bill.

What bill? I didn't order ANYTHING. It came with the car for FREE for 6 months. They called me FIVE times and each time I said NO.

WTF ???

So - I call Sirius and they tell me that they neglected to turn it off at the end of six months and so I owe them $33.39 for whatever length of time that the satellite link was still active.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I would tell them in no uncertain terms to go have intercourse with themselves and that they will see the money when pigs learn to fly and when Howard Stern becomes a monk.

Personally I have no problem with my XM sat radio. 8.00 per month for 50 channels, works great and I move it from the bike to the car as necessary.

Attachments

·
Banned
939 Posts
I would tell them in no uncertain terms to go have intercourse with themselves and that they will see the money when pigs learn to fly and when Howard Stern becomes a monk.

Personally I have no problem with my XM sat radio. 8.00 per month for 50 channels, works great and I move it from the bike to the car as necessary.
Jeffrey you mean you never listened to Pink Floyd? Pigs do fly silly in fact they are Pigs on the Wing, is that cool or what?

And leave poor Howard alone, he is just trying to make a living as a living western marketing monk, and he seems to know how to work his prayer flags.

WTF? You are the master of analogy, you still rained out over there looking at your kick stand from the coffee shop or what?

Ride through that rain!

·
15 year Member
6,904 Posts
We were thinking about trying to add satellite radio to the bike. It would cut down on always having to tune for a radio station. Pretty handy.

The wife's car came with a FREE six-month subscription to SiriusXM Satellite Radio.

As it was getting ready to expire, they began calling me on a weekly basis to ask us to renew. We said no. Repeatedly.

New and improved offers began arriging in the mail. Free THIS, extended THAT, blah blah blah.

Today I get a notice from a collection agency. It seems that I have not paid my Sirius bill.

What bill? I didn't order ANYTHING. It came with the car for FREE for 6 months. They called me FIVE times and each time I said NO.

WTF ???

So - I call Sirius and they tell me that they neglected to turn it off at the end of six months and so I owe them $33.39 for whatever length of time that the satellite link was still active.

LOL

Matt(BCNV) :popcorn:

·
Registered
640 Posts
If they already reported you to a collection agency, good luck with getting that cleared up on your credit....

Contact the major credit bureaus and file a complaint.....and review your credit for the entry....

Rip
2008 Motortrike

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Complain to the FTC too. I sense that these guys need to be investigated.

Although I have had no problems with my XM service and I have 4 different radio units.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
My XM had 190 channels. What's this 50 stuff?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I never had a problem with XM until I tried to turn it off.....They shut off my wifes radio instead of mine, then they kept charging me.........I finally sold the car and that time they got it right I think,,,,,I'm still waiting for the refund...

·
Registered
606 Posts
I really liked listening to the commercial free music BUT I quit them because of their lack of customers service and billing practices.

·
Registered
168 Posts
File a complaint with the Better Business Bereau. I guarantee you they will fix the problem then.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I used to use XM and liked it a lot. After the merger they took off my 2 favorite stations, then they started charging some fee for the artists so I told them to cancel. I never heard of this much trouble with the satellite radio providers until they merged. I guess comptetition is a good thing for customer service.

·
Registered
672 Posts
My model radio (Stratus 6) has ala-carte option - any 50 channels for 7.99. Once you choose your 50 channels, you can change within the 50 for a 5.00 charge.

I have the same radio, only I have the 15 channels for $6.99. Yours is the better value, obviously. But I only listen to one or two channels usually, so I love it. Wish I could do it in my car.

You can do the "mostly music" package for $9.99 a month.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Sirius sent me an offer for $77 for 12 months. I called and they said no credit card necessary - would bill me. I then asked if there were additional charges or if bill would be 77 as advertised. She sheepishly said it would be nearly $100 with taxes. I told that i would stick with Pandora.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
XM.... =Xfer Money from you to them....

I got a 2010 with the built-in XM and it came with 3 months free XM service. Yea, right! The radio has never been activated, no 3 months, nothing. But regular mail "begging" me back for a stupid rate. It does not matter that I had many phone calls with them when the supposed "free" period was just about over and me wondering where the "free" was and what do you mean it is nearly over!!!!????? I got passed off to so many different people (each one the "next" level up the chain) that I should have been eventually talking God himself. I will have to have my 3 free months before they ever even get a penny from me even if it were one that I dropped and never picked up. They do not understand what it means to provide a service and have no problems with pissing off customers and have no interest in gaining new ones. They have definitely gotten a "we don't care about you, we are the only game in town, so shut up and give us your money" attitude. I am perfectly happy with my current music player..... No commercials, very wide verity of genre's, and no risk of playing something I do not like. I cannot stand Apple either, but they got my money....for a 16G Ipod Nano connected with the SoundGate interface. My only real loss is the lack of Weather Band because they expect you to get weather from your XM extortion fee.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I have the same radio, only I have the 15 channels for $6.99. Yours is the better value, obviously. But I only listen to one or two channels usually, so I love it. Wish I could do it in my car.

You can do the "mostly music" package for $9.99 a month.
Buy another dock for the car.......find one on EBay....about $10.00.

By the way - I have a remote control for the Stratus so my wife can change channels and volume from the back seat.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I really liked listening to the commercial free music
Commercial free??? When I had the initial free 3 months it seemed that there were a LOT of commercials. Yes, it was commercials for their other channels, but they were still annoying commercials.

Ken

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Commercial free??? When I had the initial free 3 months it seemed that there were a LOT of commercials. Yes, it was commercials for their other channels, but they were still annoying commercials.

Ken
You are right. Music channels are commercial free......However, if you listen to Fox News, CNN, CNBC etc. they do have annoying commercials, but they come where the regular program has its TV commercials. They plug everything that you do not see on TV - penis enlargment, truck driving jobs, Pre Pass for truckers, Truck Stops of America and it goes on and on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts