GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I just felt moved to remind everyone that there are 2 satellite radio company's out there. Love my Siri. :flg:

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
I remember when OS/2 was a viable contender to Microsoft Windows, and Beta was an available format for Videotapes, too...

Just kidding... :wink:

If they had a modular style of radio available when I bought mine, I might have gone with it, because of the no-commercial programming.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Jerry, I love mine too :!: :!: I had an XM, and I like the Sirius programming better. Just my opinion. :wink:

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Oh, I thought that someone was going to mention that Sirius was "throwing in the towel".

The mobile electronics folks at our local Best Buy store haven't even seen their Sirius rep in a long time. He came in and set up a display right after Thanksgiving, to help sell that new "super-sized" Audiovox unit. He's been missing since.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Sirrus

The cancellation fee only applies to special offers that require a committed Subscription period. It is the same with most cell phones, you get a break on the cost of the equipment in exchange for a promise of sticking with the service.

I'll be sticking with my Sirius. They were the first commercial free service. XM only changed because they realized we hate commercials.

Paul

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
<XM only changed because they realized we hate commercials>

The fact that they were at 1,360,000. subscribers in December (1,000,000 new in 2003) and were undergoing dramatically increased growth with XM now going in new automobiles in Detroit may have also been factors.

DaleC

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i had sirius for about a year, it worked well.

i recently switched to xm and got a roady unit. the main reason was to allow me to mount the unit in a waterproof area. i would have gotten an xm commander if i were to keep it on the bike all the time. the roady is fairly easy to move as i have an extra antenna and power lead in my car.

i fitted the roady in the left pocket and its away from all the elements. none of the sirius units could fot there.

cost is also a bit of a concern, with a two year contract, i am about $ 7.50 a month.

loren

·
Registered
810 Posts
Advise for Anyone Looking at Satellite

I think if you are looking at satellite radio, the best advise that anyone can give you is go listen to it. Not at a Best Buy for 5 minutes in front of a display, but go to the websites and listen to each on the internet!

Both Sirius and XM have very similar channels. Both offer jazz, rock, 70's, 80's, 90's, 60's, etc., etc.

The difference is WHAT they play in each of those venues.

Personally, I love smooth jazz. David Sandborn, Kenny G, Chris Botti, that kind of stuff. I had XM for a week, hated it, sold it and went to Sirus and will never look back.

Doesn't matter what your friend has. Music choice is personal. You need to go listen to it, the channel you think you'll like and make your decision on that.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well said Mike. I agree 100%. I did the same as you did to get the music that I want to listen to. :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
I also agree with what Mike said. Have had mine for a couple of years and enjoyed every minute. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts