GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting the Sirius radio for the wing (probably Sportster Replay). I currently have the XM Roady2, but I am not happy with XM. Does the Sportster hookup directly or do you have to use a docking station? Does anyone have any pictures of their Sirius setup they could post or email to me. If you email, please put Sirius in the subject line. Thanks

·
15 year Member
6,897 Posts

Hi,

Here are some pictures on my install....

Pm me if you need any more questions..

Matt(Ashland,MA) :chicken:

·
Registered
416 Posts

After a few years of XM I switched to Sirius. I like the music much more and I still have all the sports and news that I listened to on XM. I went with the Sportster4. I like the aux input on the dock. Plug my iPod right into that. I can turn the handlebars lock to lock and it does not hit. Riveted the bracket (made my own) under the top cover. Turned out great.

·
Banned
1,477 Posts
sirius sportster replay

I too went with the SIRIUS radio . The reasons for this are the orbits of the satellite. Since I live farther north than the mid U.S.A. states the reception will be in a more direct line from the transmitting satellite. I went with the "SIRIUS STREAMER GT" versatility, with its larger operating buttons the operation of this radio while in motion is very easy. The radio is mount is on the left handlebar via the mounting bracket & screws that hold on the clutch assembly. ( Distribution USA provided the mount)
The connections were provided via "Cyclegadgets"as was the Antenna bracket Part #CG-XMAB. This antenna bracket fits perfectly between the radio mount, and the radio. Next I ordered the antenna from "Dallasmotorcycles.com". They provide an antenna with a cable length of 8 inches. Therefore the is not any need to wrap/tie & hide numerous excessive antenna cable, making the install that much more clean. Then factory Honda cover which is on the underside of the handle bar is removed (two phillips screws). The power and Aux wires are then placed within the handle bar. The cover plate is replaced, and the wires are now neatly hidden.
[/img][/img]
[/img]
[/img]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts