GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those wanting to add a Sirius/XM radio to their rides. (All haters can move on to the next topic.) I've had very good luck with the SiriusXM Stratus-7 receiver on my wing. The display is easy to read and the buttons are reasonably easy to operate with gloves, depends on the gloves I suppose. Best Buy stores runs "Daily Deals" every day. Today, 12/21/2018, they are offering, to purchase on line only, the Stratus-7 with complete vehicle kit for $19.99. You'll probably need to come up with a mounting system for your wing. I use a Ram Mount. This is a good deal. I purchased one a couple weeks ago when it was on the daily deal as a backup to the one I've been enjoying for a few years.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sirius...ect-vehicle-kit-black/1489733.p?skuId=1489733

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
the Stratus-7 with complete vehicle kit for $19.99. You'll probably need to come up with a mounting system for your wing. I use a Ram Mount.
What capability does this give you that the bike's Sirius system does not?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

This may come as a surprise to you, but not all models have Sirius radios. I believe only those models with GPS navigation have satellite radio built in. Mine, as well as many others without GPS, have to add on a satellite radio and connect it via the auxiliary input cable.

Reactions: Big Tom

·
Registered
908 Posts
This may come as a surprise to you, but not all models have Sirius radios. I believe only those models with GPS navigation have satellite radio built in. Mine, as well as many others without GPS, have to add on a satellite radio and connect it via the auxiliary input cable.
Not all models with GPS have Satellite radio either. My '07 doesn't have it built-in. I believe that started in '09. I actually have a sat radio that was on my old bike that I transferred to my current bike when the old one was wrecked. My subscription was paid for by the previous owner till the end of August this year. I had to renew while on the way to Wing Ding in Knoxville. I love having the radio and it works great!!!

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I tried several over the years on my 08. They would always vibrate and not work after awhile if you had it mounted anywhere on the handle bars. Once rider came up with the idea to put it in the left pocket. I put a small towel down in the bottom and just laid it inside. Its been working every since. I now have 168,000 miles on the bike. I have the lifetime, so when i buy the new wing down the road i can transfer it to the one built in. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
It allows me to pay Sirius for just one subscription and still have it on two bikes and a car.

Picture #1: Mounted on Goldwing
Picture #2: Antennae on Goldwing tucks nicely onto Rear Speaker Grill and is protected by the Honda Arm Rest.
Picture #3: Sirius Radio Mount on the Harley (chrome on the Harley of course, LOL)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
I have the lifetime, so when i buy the new wing down the road i can transfer it to the one built in. Thanks for the info
Just in case you didn't know.... With a "lifetime" subscription your only allowed to transfer to a different radio 3 times. Each time costs $75.00. I had to do it once a few years ago when my RoadyXt died.
I do not know if Sirius/XM considers the initial sub one of the three allowed or not.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
This may come as a surprise to you,
That is not too far from the truth!!! I have to look more closely at the subforums I'm reading.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts