GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have subscribed to Sirius XM weather on my '17 Wing. When stopped I can go to GPS and navigate through settings to Radar, but how do I look at the radar map while moving or navigating???

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have subscribed to Sirius XM weather on my '17 Wing. When stopped I can go to GPS and navigate through settings to Radar, but how do I look at the radar map while moving or navigating???
Sadly I think you cant, at least that has been the case with my 09. Hopefully someone will chime in to confirm or educate.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I just can't see the value of the radar feature if you have to be stopped everytime you want to view it.

·
15 year Member
6,868 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I just can't see the value of the radar feature if you have to be stopped everytime you want to view it.
Please remember that Honda knows, someday somehow there will me a fatality due to some knucklehead staring at the “echos” from a radar shot and whilst he’s “predicting” where the front is headed as he’s heading into a wall or embankment or a ditch.... we can all do ourselves a favor and look at the weather before we venture out and check the screen periodically to plan our next route.... not that hard...... those controls “lock out” for a reason..... it’s called litigation and it’s never in Honda’s favor..... if YOU owned a major company your in house Lawyers would Highly suggest this function be best enjoyed from a stop.... relax, have a cup of “Joe” and enjoy yer ne ride.....

Mattbcnv

·
Registered
674 Posts
On the bottom of the left side handle bar there is a toggle switch,push it in and hold it.

Ed..:coffee1:

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
It's the ZOOM Button

On the bottom of the left side handle bar there is a toggle switch,push it in and hold it. Ed..:coffee1:
Press and hold the ZOOM button under the left handle bar cluster....

Reactions: WingWing

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes, press and hold the zoom button. toggle left for radar map, right to see road construction or traffic info

This makes my day a little. Does it go away after letting off the zoom or does it remain on? Either way it beats having to stop.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please remember that Honda knows, someday somehow there will me a fatality due to some knucklehead staring at the “echos” from a radar shot and whilst he’s “predicting” where the front is headed as he’s heading into a wall or embankment or a ditch.... we can all do ourselves a favor and look at the weather before we venture out and check the screen periodically to plan our next route.... not that hard...... those controls “lock out” for a reason..... it’s called litigation and it’s never in Honda’s favor..... if YOU owned a major company your in house Lawyers would Highly suggest this function be best enjoyed from a stop.... relax, have a cup of “Joe” and enjoy yer ne ride.....
Matt, while I appreciate your opinion on the matter, you didn't know the answer to my question. Apparently, Honda did not feel that it was a "knuklehead" move to check your radar from time to time while moving.

I knew it could be done, just didn't know how to do it on a Honda. I have had three Harley Ultras and have traveled from the east to west coast and in Mexico and Canada on my bikes. We make a lot of cross country trips so the radar feature on the Harleys was very benifecial and will bo on the Goldwing as well.

I don't think that glancing a a radar screen from time to time is being irresponsible.

I'm a 20+ year veteran police department in a larger city. If you want to see some examples of inattentive driving, come ride with me sometime.

·
15 year Member
6,868 Posts
Matt, while I appreciate your opinion on the matter, you didn't know the answer to my question. Apparently, Honda did not feel that it was a "knuklehead" move to check your radar from time to time while moving.

I knew it could be done, just didn't know how to do it on a Honda. I have had three Harley Ultras and have traveled from the east to west coast and in Mexico and Canada on my bikes. We make a lot of cross country trips so the radar feature on the Harleys was very benifecial and will bo on the Goldwing as well.

I don't think that glancing a a radar screen from time to time is being irresponsible.

I'm a 20+ year veteran police department in a larger city. If you want to see some examples of inattentive driving, come ride with me sometime.
Not the first time I’ve been “dressed” down by a cop, and most likely won’t be the last......

Mattbcnv:yes::flg::cop2:

Reactions: William Anzik

·
Registered
15 Posts
FYI - That same button single left or right zooms in or out but if you hold it left or right for 2 seconds that will toggle through the Traffic/Weather/Road Conditions/NWS Alerts menu at the top of the weather screen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts