GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a few post about installing the xm satellite on a 2018 Goldwing without tearing half the bike apart. Can anyone that has done this tell their experience? Trunk or brake fluid reservoir.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don’t waste a minute of your time on this approach. Download the XM app on your phone. Connect your phone to the bike and stream to your headset or speakers. This works like a charm with an unlimited data stream on your phone (why wouldn’t you these days) and an XM subscription with the $2 monthly upcharge for XM anywhere.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Don’t waste a minute of your time on this approach. Download the XM app on your phone. Connect your phone to the bike and stream to your headset or speakers. This works like a charm with an unlimited data stream on your phone (why wouldn’t you these days) and an XM subscription with the $2 monthly upcharge for XM anywhere.
Exactly !!!!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Don’t waste a minute of your time on this approach. Download the XM app on your phone. Connect your phone to the bike and stream to your headset or speakers.
Do you change channels on the phone or using the bike's buttons?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I have read a few post about installing the xm satellite on a 2018 Goldwing without tearing half the bike apart. Can anyone that has done this tell their experience? Trunk or brake fluid reservoir.
IMO, it is easier and neater to place the antenna on the trunk. First time I did it I put the antenna in the little cubby under the passenger backrest. Reception wasn't reliable so I moved it to the top of the trunk at the base of the passenger backrest, open to the sky. Reception was STILL bad in canyons/under thick tree canopy, so now I just listen to my own music on my phone.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Phone stays in the pocket. All inputs through Apple Carplay from the left handle control while riding, or center console if stopped.
That seems to be a much better way than taking the bike apart to install an antenna for the same capability.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies.I do not have an Apple phone,Android man.I got a XM antenna from Amazon for 20 bucks and attached it to the inside lid of the trunk. Works great even in the garage. Had to test it there because I live in wonderful Illinois.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts