GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My recently purchased 05 Wing has a handlebar mounted Sirrius Radion docking station and attached sattelite receiver. Even though I think it is a great and cool idea.....I know I am too cheap to do a monthly payment for it. I like my IPod.

I traced the wires down into the netherworld but lose sight of them past the handlebar junction. Any idea of where they might lead? How involved is the surgery to remove it?

When I change the air filter next month - and have half the bike apart - maybe I will have a better view of its source.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I suspect the audio out is hooked up to the auxilary jack that is hooked up under the left pocket. (see your manual for where it's hooked up). Is your unit powered with a cigarette type power source? If not, it might be powered from a connector in the same area as the aux. connection.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Is the audio line out a "normal-sized" headphone jack, or a skinnier one? If it's a skinny one it's going to a box that's got a line into the back of your radio that overrides the FM antenna. It's a bit forward of the gas under the center tupperware IIRC.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Its in the left pocket had to plug mine in but it came with the bike. It should be in the same plug has the cigarette lighter. I to like my iphone better then xm works very nice hooked in to the sound system.:agree:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts