GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be traveling to Milwaulkee with a group of other riders in July next year. Many of them will be attending the Blue Knights annual convention, but some of us will not. We will be looking for things to do and places to go during the days we are there. Im sure the Harley factory will be one of our stops, but any of you that are familiar with that area that can give some ideas of other things to do/places to go, would be appreciated. We will have about 5 days to kill doing whatever.

·
Registered
768 Posts
You are in luck, I believe summer fest is going on during that time frame. Lots of entertainment for very low costs at the lake front. You can always take a tour of Miller brewerey they give free samples. You could take in a Brewers game. Than there is always the normal standbys, museum, art museum, zoo, botanical gardens and the like. I think the Oshkosh flyin is in July as well. You can check all of these events out on the internet. There is a massive fireworks display at the lakefront as well

Mike
03ILB

W

·
0 Posts
If you want to come farther north, there's the Air Venture museum in Oskosh off Hwy 41.
Keep going north into Green Bay and tour Lambeau Field, home of the Packers.
Also nice riding up to Door county if you have the time.

B

·
0 Posts
You'll be in Milwaukee at a great time of the year. Summerfest, the world's largest music festival runs form June 28 through July 8, 2007. Here's a link. http://www.summerfest.com/

The world headquarters of the Experimental Aricraft Association is in Oshkosh, about 90 minutes north of Milwaukee. Their annual fly-in will be July 23-29, 2007, and isn't to be missed if you'll be here at that time. If you aren't going to be in Milwaukee at that time of the month, ride to Oshkosh anyhow and tour the EAA museum. It's inspiring. Here's a link http://www.eaa.org/

Our brothers and sisters who ride BMWs are going to have their International Rally in West Bend (45 minutes north of Milwaukee) July 12-15, 2007. They are an exceedingly friendly group, and welcome riders of all motorcycles. Here's a link http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally/rally07/rally07announce.htm

All of Wisconsin is a great motorcycling state. There are abundant opportunites for day trips in the countryside. Let me know when you'll be here and I'll suggest some rides. Also, GWRRA has active chapters and members willing to guide you on day trips, or suggest routes.

Watch teh Brewers lose a game in beautiful Miller Park, go salmon fishing on a charter boat on Lake Michigan, tour the Harley plant, ride up to Green Bay for lunch and tour Lambeau Field and the Green Bay Packer hall of Fame (this is not to be missed for any football fan). Take a long day and ride to Door County in NE Wisconsin - it's like New England.

You'll have a good time here in July.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
if your there friday nite

then make sure you go to serb hall

60th and oklahoma ave

for the famous friday nite fish fry

at 55th and hawley road is some of the best bbq ribs anywhere

saz road house

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would suggest riding 1 1/2 hrs to Devils Lake and the surrounding area. You might also consider taking the ferry across Lake Michigan and then riding north and take the Lake Michigan circle tour through Michigans upper peninsula and back down to Milwaukee. Also, if you go to Summerfest, there is free motorcycle parking directly infront of the main entrance. Sponsored by Harley Davidson. They even have local Hog Club members manning the lot directing traffic and keeping an eye on things. Get there early to ensure a spot. It generally fills in the evening. It really is a nice perk as parking elsewhere this close is $15 + dollars.

W

·
0 Posts
BikerMike said:
Our brothers and sisters who ride BMWs are going to have their International Rally in West Bend (45 minutes north of Milwaukee) July 12-15, 2007.
They are an exceedingly friendly group, and welcome riders of all motorcycles. Here's a link http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally/rally07/rally07announce.htm
Gezzzzz I didn't know this........I just might go over and check this out.

I think Honda get-togethers should come here also.

Thanks

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
The Blue Knights International Convention is July 15th through July19th.

I'll be there also....but one of our chapter members wife is from there, makes it nice for the local food......Her dad also retired from HD.....should be a great trip.....

I'll be watching this thread for some great ideas.....thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts