GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let’s see what shall I do today?

What’s that sound of whimpering coming from the garage?

Hmmmmmnnnnn???

:shrug:

:thumbup:

·
IronMan
17,634 Posts
Sounds like a trip to local dq in the making !

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Nothing in Lakewood except 400,000 new apartment buildings going up on every 100x100 parcel of land. You found a motorcycle to buy in this wasteland of crap? All dealers have closed here that sell Honda to build more apartments.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
380 mountain miles through Boulder Canyon, Golden Gate Canyon, Thompson Canyon, Estes Park, Grand Lake, Winter Park, and back just in time for a gigantic shredded beef burrito. I’d call it a good day!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Ride up to Cheyenne, Frontier Days is going on this week. I had planned on being there myself but my trip got pushed back a bit.

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Roads are great, crowds are high. Words of wisdom, trust me, don't ride the mountains and expect to return to Denver on I-70 on a Sunday afternoon. If you do ride, come back US285, so Guanella Pass for example is a great ride, go up I-70, come back on 285. If you go 285 and come back I -70 on a Sunday afternoon you are in for 3 to 4 hours to travel the 40 miles from Georgetown to Denver. The traffic is just horrific anymore and ruins any fun. Plan your ride on smaller roads and/or week days. Expect a 3 mile line in Estes Park to pay the fee for trail ridge road on a Sunday. Go to Wyoming if you want to ride without 6 million cars in line.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Traffic sucks so badly here now. Unfortunately of most of us working stiffs the weekends are the only time we get to go into the mountains.

This is an awesome book if you are looking for places to ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts