GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005, GL 1800 for whatever reason did not come equipped with an exhilarate MP3 cable off the radio into the left glove box so I’m attempting to install one but having a difficult time finding out where it plugs into can anyone help thank you

· Registered
2008 level 4 Red
432 Posts
Can I add a question to this subject please? In reference to the red connector that’s bundled with the white 3 pin connector, did the bikes come with a pigtail to plug into the connector to power up an accessory? What accessories are normally utilized in that position?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure my bike did not come with an auxiliary line off the radio that is normally found in the left glove box, so I ordered one and I was looking weird to plug it in and as per the last post you can see when you take out the left glove box there’s a rubber boot, according to the gentleman on this chat in that boot is a red and a white connector. It would be the white connector so that you can stream music from other devices

· Administrator
6,328 Posts
Can I add a question to this subject please? In reference to the red connector that’s bundled with the white 3 pin connector, did the bikes come with a pigtail to plug into the connector to power up an accessory? What accessories are normally utilized in that position?
Are you asking what did the red connector power? Sorry, John, I'm not sure......

· Registered
10,168 Posts
No pigtail provided - places like Electrical Connections and others will sell you the mate to that connector, though the circuit is only fused for 3A

EDIT: Things like external GPS', radar detectors, MP3 players, Bluetooth adapters, etc. could be powered from that connector.

· Registered
4,818 Posts
Honda used to supply the audio interface cable, not the power cable. I don't know exactly when they stopped supplying the audio cable, but my 2012 audio/comfort did not come with one. I understood they only gave that cable with the higher end models.

· Registered
791 Posts
The red connector is an Accessory connector for power. It is hot when the key is on. I use it to power my Freewire to bluetooth the audio to my helmet. On my 2005 there is a look-a-like connector under the right side box that was for power to heated grips. I use that one to power my voltmeter and accessory plug with USB to charge my phone, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts