GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2018 Wing, model GL 1800 B. Can anyone tell me the diameter and thread pitch of the oil drain plug?
I have the manual, not DCT trans, so there's only one drain plug. I want to get a magnetic plug, but want to avoid pulling the plug, just to try to find a match.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,751 Posts
Bolt, drain plug (12x15)
M12 x 1.5

JMHO...
They will hold small particles of steel, but not aluminum. The oil filter is effective at keeping these small particles from circulating through your engine, so a magnetic drain plug is not necessary. If they were useful all new cars would have them installed at the factory.

·
Vendor
17,833 Posts
Maybe a 6th gen will be different; however, you have no idea how many 5th gens I've seen with a magnetic drain plug with no metal on the magnet. Basically, on a 5th gens, even with major internal problems going on, a magnetic drain plug is a waist of money.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
Maybe a 6th gen will be different; however, you have no idea how many 5th gens I've seen with a magnetic drain plug with no metal on the magnet. Basically, on a 5th gens, even with major internal problems going on, a magnetic drain plug is a waist of money.
That's probably why the put filters on em'. :wink2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts