GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the air compressor by Slime that you can buy at Cabellas. I am very impressed with it's size and quality. I had already connected the power cord from my Battery Tender to the battery. This is also the same connector that the air compressor uses. It is one nice package that takes up very little space.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
what is the psi rating? ...

can it pump the wing tire back up to 36-41 lbs?

Thanks,
Dennis

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Air compressor

It has a rating of 300 PSI. I think it should have no problem air up the Goldwings tires.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The Slime PowerSport is reccomended "Best Value" in a November 2006 MCN review on six or seven different brands. I bought one recently based on that review. Got it from Pep Boys - $30.. Be sure to get the Motrosport one!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
This is the same one I got too. http://www.slime.com/product.php?product=40001

It fits nicely in the right saddlebag near the rear there is a little pocket area that is the same size as the compressor case. Used a little velcro to keep it upright. Takes up almost zero room by fitting in the recess.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Re: slime compressor

GWRR said:
Are the cords and hoses long enough to use without adding anything?
Yes....you would have to take off the battery cover and attach the power wires, but the cords are plenty long.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Tommy Gunn said:
The Slime PowerSport is reccomended "Best Value" in a November 2006 MCN review on six or seven different brands. I bought one recently based on that review. Got it from Pep Boys - $30.. Be sure to get the Motrosport one!
I paid right about that at a Meijer store last summer for a package with a bottle of Slime and the compressor in a clear plastic case maybe 6" x 8" x 2.5". I've never opened it but sure like the idea of it being there in my saddle bag next to my Frogg Toggs, half cover, spare sweatshirt, gloves and face mask. They're each things I hope I never need but all things that I like having with me whne I ride.

·
Registered
637 Posts
It comes with battery clips, battery tender-type connector and cigarette lighter connection. I have a regular cigarette lighter installed. I don't think I'd use it with a power outlet, though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts