1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure what you mean by how big it is. I don't see a CFM rating on the package. It measure 6 3/4" x 5 1/2" x 2 3/4" and it says it will fill a standard tire in 8 minutes. Standard tire is described to be a tire very close to the rear tires we run.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Not sure what you mean by how big it is. I don't see a CFM rating on the package. It measure 6 3/4" x 5 1/2" x 2 3/4" and it says it will fill a standard tire in 8 minutes. Standard tire is described to be a tire very close to the rear tires we run.
That's pretty much the same size as what I have. What part or model number is that one?

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seeing yours in action while we were riding the Devil's Triangle is what made me get this one. I don't see anything that relates to a model number. Should I open it and find something inside it?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Air compressor

You could probably find it for a couple of bucks cheaper but if you when you need it , it will be worth a lot more than than that. I also like to support the local small business man more than I do wally world.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I was curious about the size of the case, thanks.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I was curious about the size of the case, thanks.
That's why I was asling about the model number. When looking at the Slime website, the only model that looks like Murgie's picture above is a lot bigger than the dimensions he gave above. The one I have has served me very well.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Good price I paid 35.00 at a motorcycle place. Just make sure you use the alligator clips on the battery direct or you will blow the fuse.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I removed my pump from it's hard plastic case to make it smaller...

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I've had one for a few years, they work great!:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I've had one for a few years, they work great!:thumbup:
:agree::agree: After using it, let it cool down or wear gloves to pick it up! It does get HOT!:eek:4: Or at least mine does.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
I removed my pump from it's hard plastic case to make it smaller...
Another winter project :thumbup::bow: Man I do like this forum !! I have a new knee never opened. I carry CO2 cartridges and valve adaptor . Making this unit smaller I could mount it permanently .

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
That pump and a napa tire plugging tool with a large bottle of fix a flat will darn bring you home after running over a running chain saw

J
O
K
I
N
G

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
That pump and a napa tire plugging tool with a large bottle of fix a flat will darn bring you home after running over a running chain saw

J
O
K
I
N
G
I try my darnest to avoid running chainsaws laying on the road . But sometimes it's unavoidable :cool:

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
:agree::agree: After using it, let it cool down or wear gloves to pick it up! It does get HOT!:eek:4: Or at least mine does.
HOT!
And NOT fast.

I have one and used it in the comfort of my garage to re-inflate my tire after removing a screw and plugging the hole.
The Slime folks should include in their advertising that "entertainment is included at no extra charge". Watching that pump dance around on the floor was a hoot!
I grew impatient and removed it after about 5 minutes. I was pretty warm, and the tire was at about 20psi. I finished the job with a bicycle pump!

Here is another option, one I'm considering to carry on the FJR;

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-volt-100-psi-high-volume-air-compressor-69284-8788.html

If we believe the claims of cheap chinese tool ads, this one will fill a tire in less than half the time that the Slime claims.

OTOH, there's this:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=931816

Designed & marketed by an american entrepreneur, made in Taiwan (where quality still matters a bit), and has me wishing that my piggy bank wasn't on life-support.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts