GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any feedback on the slipstreamer windshield w/vent ?

I am in need of a new windshield for my 02 1800... but want one with a vent.. but do not want to pay what Honda is asking.. I don't like the looks of the Tulsa..

thanks for any comments ..

cosmic :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the Slipstreamer and.........

I have the Slipstreamer windshield and I like it very much. Great wind protection and the vent works great too. No need for me to pay the extra $ for the Honda or the Tulsa.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Get a REAL Tulsa!! Slipstreamer SUCKS!!!

Get the Tulsa instead. Order it direct from Tulsa Enterprises to be sure you get the REAL THING! Slipstreamer sells a clone that it calls a "Tulsa" in catalogs from Tucker Rocky and others. I bought a "Tulsa windshield" with the vent with my '03 last year. The parts manager at my dealer ordered it through the Tucker Rocky catalog. It was really a Slipstreamer instead. One month after I got it installed, the vent mechanism fell apart in my hand! :x It was only then that I, and the dealer found out the truth. The part number was NOT Tulsa's. Slipstreamer did send a replacement vent and it too fell apart after about a month. :evil: Finally Tucker Rocky decided to take it back, at which time my dealer ordered a real Tulsa from Tulsa Enterprises. It is a quality product that fits a lot better and the vent medchanism still works. :) As far as I'm concerned, Slipstreamer is delibrately misleading the consumer and infringing on Tulsa Enterprises trademark.

I did have to pay my dealer the diffence in price for the Tusla over the Slipstreamer, a whopping SIX BUCKS!! :) For just a few extra dollars you will get a MUCH better product from Tulsa!! :D

Jim

2003 Candy Red :rw1:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts