GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I set my cruise control I always drop 5 mph then it gains speed to the set point . Is this normal or is something wrong

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
It 's also covered under your warranty

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

I got and thanks a bunch .My 1500 always set imediately the 1800 has always been slow and seem it could be a little dangerous. Thanks again Ron

·
Registered
759 Posts
cruise control slack is covered by warranty...however, I haven't found a dealer yet that adjusts it correctly. do it yourself...it's easy, simple to do. and you will get the exact setting thay you may prefer. Most bikes need at least four turns out....to take up the cable slack. I had to adjust mine to 4.5 turns...and now I have zero lash on the cruise set. ride safe.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
With the high torque of the Wing, it does feel sorta dangerous, don't it?

I'm also really surprised Honda hasn't dealt with this, as it has been mentioned negatively in several reviews of the bike, and seems like it could be a legal issue.

There seem to be several people involved with Wing manufacturing at the Ohio plant that have their heads securely fixed up their ass. :x

·
Registered
63 Posts
cruise control

My 01 did the same thing, drop 5 MPH and then go.
Just got my new 04 last week and she is spot on.
I guess they heard us. Easy adjust if you want to
or the dealer will go it for you.
Boy that vent makes a lot of difference here in
Florida. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts