GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally have a complete set of 1200, 1500, & 1800 tires.
Even have a set of 70 series for 1800's.
Oh wait......the season is just about over.............rats!!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Don Stefanik said:
I always like to keep a stock of tires for all my bikes. You never know when you will need one or a friend will need one. I know this gold wing uses tires like crazy. I can only get about 18,000 miles out of a set. But I ride like a mad man so that is why they don't last very long. My gay friend used to get about 22,000 miles out of his tires on his honda shawdow. He rides crazy and has a chain wallet that drags on the grownd. Maybe that's why his tires don't last very long :shock:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
azblackbird said:
Don Stefanik said:
I always like to keep a stock of tires for all my bikes. You never know when you will need one or a friend will need one. I know this gold wing uses tires like crazy. I can only get about 18,000 miles out of a set. But I ride like a mad man so that is why they don't last very long. My gay friend used to get about 22,000 miles out of his tires on his honda shawdow. He rides crazy and has a chain wallet that drags on the grownd. Maybe that's why his tires don't last very long :shock:
Geez. I wonder how you would classify my riding style. I got 10,000 miles out of my original Dun-rocks and less than 7,500 miles out of my Bridgestones...but I do have a heck of a good time!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Don Stefanik said:
Retired from farming....took up selling and installing tires :)
I like farming. I miss corn and wheat harvest. It is hard work but was fun. I am a city boy now and haven't driven a combine or tracktor for several years. :cry:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Mike.
I have Bridgestones, Metzlers, and Dunlops. I have the 70 series if you want to try them. Thats what I will be putting on next time around.
I can get Avons as well.

As for farming. This week it has be cold and rainy. The guys have only just started combining beans. They have seed wheat treated and are starting to worry about whether they will get the wheat in this fall.

I DON'T MISS IT!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts