GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several LED lights already on my Wing that have small flat 2 and 3 wire connectors on them. I want to clean up some of the wire connections using the same type connectors, plus add on a couple more here and there. What are these connectors called and where do I find them? All I can find on Kury's site is for Lizard Lights, which appear to be different.

·
Read Only
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
While replacing a rotor cover, I managed to get a picture of the connector. Reminds me a lot of the Servo City connector, but where are the male pins? Doesn't really have to be exact, just small and functional. I plan to add ring of fire to my covers and wanted to branch off the harness already on the fork that run the Kury LED side marker lights on the caliper covers. I once saw a T connector in this type of connector that allowed 2 accessories to run off one wire. Seems like I also remember a Y harness with these on them. Light Automotive lighting Auto part Headlamp Metal

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'm pretty sure ya can use RC servo connectors/leads... The added benifit is they are gold plated at the contact area... Ya can got to just about any hobby store that sells RC stuff (airplane, car, or boat) and get something to work... There are several different styles in the old days but, but the newer styles are a universal type... They even have many different prewired 'Y' connectors too... Here's a peak at what I'm referring to....

http://www.hansenhobbies.com/products/connectors/Connectors.pdf

·
Registered
368 Posts
View attachment 70418 MULTI PLUG-&- PLAY HARNESS

Kury Part # 7302

All ’01-’10 (& 2012 Front Only) GL1800 Models with Küryakyn Accent Lighting that connects to the OEM harness
at the mirrors or behind the license plate using Küryakyn in line Y Harness. (‘12 GL1800 for Mirror Application Only)

Note: This harness does not replace the use of one main Plug-&-Play Harness or the use of P/N 7300 required for ‘06-Up GL1800 applications

Simplify & clean up the wiring from your Küryakyn lighting accessories! Designed for either the front or rear, each kit has what you need to plug in up to 5 accessories in the front or 8 accessories in the rear. Install 2 kits for 8 accessory connections in

·
Read Only
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really like the rc servo connectors and I believe it may be worth the time to replace the old partially corroded connectors with them. I want to thank everyone for their help on this. I believe the Hitachi connectors will be an accet to re-wiring my old hot rod.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts