GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wingstuff has in stock Gas Tank Pouch for 2018 Gold Wing non airbag model!
Somthing like this pouch I want to place on my GW 1800 2018 DCT DA... Where is the best place on shelter, cowl...?

Any suggestion please

·
Registered
8,729 Posts
Fuel Door.:smile2:
I don't know why an airbag model would be any different than a non airbag. They use the same fuel door.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I bet the airbag lays on this area when its inflated and the pouch could interfere with proper operation. To not say not usable with airbag model would make the manufacturer liable if the airbag malfunctioned!

·
Registered
440 Posts
For the obvious US fear on high legal security claims, Bigbike/Showchrome/Hopnell put a warning in the description on their website: Not recommended for use with airbag as could restrict deployment.

http://www.bigbikeparts.com/templates/product.aspx?ProductGuid=HG18TP&GroupGuid=12136

I got this small pouch on my Airbag model and can not see how this could restrict deployment.

Same was for front fender extension on previous GL1832 model Airbag, and here in Europe where Airbag was most sold model version, many have the front fender extension for years and no reported incidents are known.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've been using this bag to house my Gerbing Heating gear dual thermostat. I cut a small slit in the top for the knobs to protrude when in use and ran the wiring up under the front of the seat then up through the zippered opening. Looks ok and it is easy to adjust my heated gear on the fly without taking my eyes off the road.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So,
any legal usefull place between windshield and rider position for small pouch!?
I couldn't believe!

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AchimII -thanks I've already have small biker's bag on my left thigh tip!
thanks for all who enjoyed my problem!
See You on the road!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts