GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2019 Gold Wing DCT
Discussion Starter #1
Took these on Saturday, in a small town nearby.

There are some fun little twisty roads in this area -- one of my local favorites that I've found so far.

Registered
That's one pretty bike you have there............(y)

Ronnie

Reactions: vtwinned

Registered
I certainly want to return to the Queen City region at some time in the future. Very nice riding all over that area!

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Registered
Took these on Saturday, in a small town nearby.

There are some fun little twisty roads in this area -- one of my local favorites that I've found so far.

View attachment 379557

View attachment 379558

View attachment 379559

View attachment 379560
What part of the State is this? My best friend (and old law school classmate) lives in Kernersville just East of Winston-Salem. Looking for an excuse (ANY excuse) to do a "road trip" this Summer. I really love the Greenville, SC area nearby. BMW has a factory there along with a museum, and sponsors one of the best motorcycle riding schools on the planet through its BMW MOA of which I am still a member. Check it out if possible. Geo

Registered
2019 Gold Wing DCT
Discussion Starter #6
Nice pictures. Have you considered joining the "wild card photo tag game" here on the forum?
Thanks for the info -- I hadn't seen that thread yet. Will look through it and maybe I can add something sometime :)

Registered
2019 Gold Wing DCT
Discussion Starter #8
I certainly want to return to the Queen City region at some time in the future. Very nice riding all over that area!

Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Thank you! Yes there are some good places to ride around Charlotte. I tend to avoid the city, though, because constantly changing traffic patterns + distracted drivers + high volume of traffic tends to stress me out a bit. I prefer the surrounding counties.

Registered
2019 Gold Wing DCT
Discussion Starter #9
What part of the State is this? My best friend (and old law school classmate) lives in Kernersville just East of Winston-Salem. Looking for an excuse (ANY excuse) to do a "road trip" this Summer. I really love the Greenville, SC area nearby. BMW has a factory there along with a museum, and sponsors one of the best motorcycle riding schools on the planet through its BMW MOA of which I am still a member. Check it out if possible. Geo
This photo was taken in Anson county in a small town called Burnsville. It's east of Charlotte off NC-742.

In NC, I think the best places to ride are in the mountains. The Tail of the Dragon, Blue Ridge Parkway, the roads around Lake Lure, The Snake in TN, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts