GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do they do? No hot or cold air comes out of them, ever, with any lever moved, or setting changed.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I found my left vent opening came in handy when mounting my Gerbing temperature controls and connectors. I popped the vent out and hot glued a panel in its place for my Gerbing pieces. Easy and conveniently located. If the next owners want to, the panel can be easily removed and the vent re-installed.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
It's never cold air...always at least warm, so mine are shut all summer.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I found my left vent opening came in handy when mounting my Gerbing temperature controls and connectors. I popped the vent out and hot glued a panel in its place for my Gerbing pieces. Easy and conveniently located. If the next owners want to, the panel can be easily removed and the vent re-installed.
I'd like to see a picture of that. Sounds like a good idea

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Those two vents work so well that they were left off the 2012.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I'm pretty sure they are connected to air ducts leading to the radiator area; supposed to bring in warm air, but they're not very effective and therefore, not very warm.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
They actually work on my 05, but not a lot of air flows through them. I can feel it on my chins when it is cold out. The faster you go the better they work, of course.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
They upset the molecular flow of air, from some nether region beneath the Motorcycle, down near the Gremlin Bell.

Never Mind, just leave them Closed, Or Open, I cant tell much difference in mine either. :shrug: Does seem that more warm air comes through than cool air.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I just was into the ducting of these the other week while installing some new lights. They receive airflow from the front air inlets forward of the radiators on the bike. The ducting travels inside the fairing past the radiators at the center beam (where you would mount chrome shark gills: http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=4635&str=4) so I imagine the radiator would at least warm up the air flowing through them some. I included the link to give a visual of where the ducting is placed. Its right behind where those things adhere onto the fairing/radiator opening.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Mine must be broke. They work too good sometimes. I almost roasted my left leg coming home today until I figured out where the heat was coming from. The vent had opened up.
Oh yea, whilest messing around with the shelter off one day I hooked all the ducting together. One side was in 2 extra pieces and the other had a piece seperated in the middle. I guess they don't pay a lot of attention to them when they put the thing together. They do warm the "bubble" a little in the winter.

·
Registered
416 Posts
They actually work on my 05, but not a lot of air flows through them. I can feel it on my chins when it is cold out
My experience as well...

·
Registered
137 Posts
On my 2010 they work just fine. I get a gentle flow of warm air over my boots when I have them turned on.

I like mine!!!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I her KURY paid for it in the design....it's chrome-able!

·
Registered
297 Posts
AC

Mine do pass a little warm air. They also let me hear the gremlin bell better and they also make people ask about AC. Now if they have another use (gerbing), by God, I cant see why they took em out of the 12' ??:shrug:

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have used mine (08) on some cool nights and have noticed that they provide a little warmth to my knees and shins.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts