GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on vacation and the bike sat for about 1-1/2 weeks. When I got back on it the first thing I noticed was that the Smartire receiver wasn't getting/recognizing the signal from the tires. After double checking pressure and trying to reset the system I'm afraid I'm at a point that it will have to go in for service. It acts as if it's not recieving the signal yet 90% of the time when I leave a stop light it flashes a warning. Does anyone have any further ideas?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Is it possible that it has lost the programming of the sensors/or the default preasures?

·
Vendor
22,508 Posts
How cold is it there?

The SmarTire sensors use Lithium batteries. If not used for a long period, Lithium batteries will show a low voltage on the initial use due to a passivating layer that builds up inside the cell whenever it sits idle. If you continue to use them, the layer will break down and the voltage will slowly recover back to normal. The key to keeping lithium batteries working good, is to use them often.

Try going for a few more rides and see if they don't start working again.

You also may need to reprogram the receiver. Turn off the key, HOLD in the button on the receiver, then turn on the key and continue to hold the button for about 10 sec until the display flashes. Then spin the rear tire to lock in the rear sensor code. The display should then flash to the front sensor. Next spin the front wheel to lock in it's code. Once both codes are locked in, you HAVE TO PUSH THE BUTTON AGAIN to lock in the codes. If you don't do this last step the codes will be lost when you turn off the key. Once you have pushed in the button to save the codes, you can power off the bike.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Night time temps have dropped down to maybe mid 50's. Bike has been ridden to work 80% of the time since I got back and a couple of times on the weekends. Tried reprogramming and followed directions to the 'T'. Pressures only dropped about 1-2 pounds while I was gone and i've since brought them back up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts