GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SlowJoe has pointed out that the Smokey Mountain Ride In "official business" is interfering with the much more important topic of "nonsense and BS"..., so this thread is so that we can continue with the really important part of the event right here, and not have to bother with the more trivial official business getting in the way.

Have at it! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Way to go Slow Joe,,,,,:twisted::twisted:
I'm sure glad I wasn't involved in any of that Non Official BS about, Crawdads and mountain oysters and eating and drind stuff,,,
BAD SLOW JOE :p:p

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
OK, let's get down to the serious business here so the monkey business can be done on site;):lol:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Pop-N-Fresh, hope you don't mind the gamy flavor on Southern Mountain Oysters. Whatever you do don't try to put a few drops of Texas Pete and try to swallow one whole.Oh that's right, you described to me once what 'Home Cookin' means up North. Never will forget the fabulous Shoefly Pie. For you southern guys this is pecan pie filling without sugar. I'm gonna have to get you into a Southern Home Cooking place where unsweet tea is a special request called in the day before and there's never enough napkins on the table( wear an old shirt).

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BAD SLOW JOE :p:p
Naw..., GOOD SlowJoe..., it's bad ORGANIZER for getting all the "official" stuff in the way of the "important" stuff.

Wait..., is it the other way around? Or is it...??? :twisted:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pop-N-Fresh, hope you don't mind the gamy flavor on Southern Mountain Oysters.
Speaking og oysters..., up north (and out west) they have prairie oysters... :eek:

Anyone????

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Speaking og oysters..., up north (and out west) they have prairie oysters... :eek:

Anyone????
Okay,, I've had "real" oysters, (those in a shell from the water) and I've had "Mountain Oysters" at the Big Texan Steak House in Texas...
But, I've never even heard of a Prairie oyster !!!! What might they be,:?: if I may ask,, OR better yet,, if you feel you can tell me on the board :eek:4:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But, I've never even heard of a Prairie oyster !!!! What might they be,:?: if I may ask,, OR better yet,, if you feel you can tell me on the board :eek:4:
They are indescribable. I'll bring some to Cats-Cade so that you'll know all about them by the time we get to the Smokies...:cool:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Naw..., GOOD SlowJoe..., it's bad ORGANIZER for getting all the "official" stuff in the way of the "important" stuff.

Wait..., is it the other way around? Or is it...??? :twisted:

No Brian, really BAD SlowJoe !!!!!
If he were calling you at home and picking on you about the GOOD food that you happen to have in your part of the country and that he DOESN'T,,, You'd understand !!!!

This poor man is SO STARVED for good Pa. Dutch cooking that he must call me at least 4 to 5 times a week to get my wife or I to explain to him how to make some of our Dutch delicacies...
When he was in our area,, the local buffet had to close down for about two days to re-stock... I've never seen any person eat so much Sho-fly pies in my life.. Not to mention all the sweet-tea that he drank.... He ate like an Amishmen that just "raised a barn" all by himself... The only thing that gave it away that he wasn't a "local" was he talks "REAL FUNNY"

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
They are indescribable. I'll bring some to Cats-Cade so that you'll know all about them by the time we get to the Smokies...:cool:
Do I need to have my Butler Cup filled with Gin after I eat one or better yet, before I eat one :?:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Everybody down here can't hardly wait until the Ride-In. Even non-riders are talking the event up. A couple friends of a friend of a friend of a guy that works down at the mill wanted to extend a heart-felt invitation to you Northern Boys.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Pop-N-Fresh, hope you don't mind the gamy flavor on Southern Mountain Oysters. Whatever you do don't try to put a few drops of Texas Pete and try to swallow one whole.Oh that's right, you described to me once what 'Home Cookin' means up North. Never will forget the fabulous Shoefly Pie. For you southern guys this is pecan pie filling without sugar. I'm gonna have to get you into a Southern Home Cooking place where unsweet tea is a special request called in the day before and there's never enough napkins on the table( wear an old shirt).
SlowJoe,,
Somehow I have a feeling that I'm going to be in real SORRY for asking this,, but,, WHAT is a "Southern" Mountain Oyster ????
And just how do you say that word "pecan".. I think last time we talked you didn't know how to pronounce it... It not like it's spelled,, it's something like peeek-un,, but you all say it wrong..
As far as Southern Home cookin,, Just take me to REAL SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN... that's what I want,,
I showed you some Pa Dutch cookin,, now it's your turn to return the favor.......
OH YEAH and stop callin me 2 and 3 times a day 3 to 4 times a week just to try to get the recipe for the sho-fly pie,, Patti Crocker is NOT giving it out.....

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No Brian, really BAD SlowJoe !!!!!
If he were calling you at home and picking on you about the GOOD food that you happen to have in your part of the country and that he DOESN'T,,, You'd understand !!!!
Well, I doubt if he'd ever be calling me. Who the heck wants Canadian bacon, or maple syrup..., YUKKKKKKKK

This poor man is SO STARVED for good Pa. Dutch cooking...
Actually, what I think he's really starved for is attention. I think we need to be nicer to him, and befriend him, and bond with him, and welcome him into our homes, and treat him as an equal.

Naw..., that aint gonna happen....

He ate like an Amishmen that just "raised a barn" all by himself... The only thing that gave it away that he wasn't a "local" was he talks "REAL FUNNY"
BullDawg says he speaks in tongues...

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do I need to have my Butler Cup filled with Gin after I eat one or better yet, before I eat one :?:
Hehehehehehehehehehe :twisted::twisted::twisted:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Now I explained to them boys that not everybody up there rides Slow. Some of you guys are real fast so they wanted you fast ones to know that you are welcome too. Here's thier invitation to the fast ones.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I couldn't tell for sure..., but was that SlowJoe pumping the gas and dancing? :eek:

And he says he doesn't wear a hat... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

ME? Did you see those long legs? Only person I know with legs that long is BartMam. He did mention he comes up this way quite often.:eek:4:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I couldn't tell for sure..., but was that SlowJoe pumping the gas and dancing? :eek:

And he says he doesn't wear a hat... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

You know Brian, it sure looked like him,, and kind of sounded like him too...

And I must say,, SlowJoe is really starting to SCARE me....
Anyone that has that video that close at hand to be able to post it that quick in two versions, SCARES ME real bad

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Double Click the YOU TUBE and you fast guys will get your invitation. Single clicking must be too slow.:roll:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts