GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes, it's a great area with many great roads. How much of highway 28 did you ride? I don't think I've ridden it knowingly and I may pay that area a visit yet again over the Columbus Day weekend.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it's a great area with many great roads. How much of highway 28 did you ride? I don't think I've ridden it knowingly and I may pay that area a visit yet again over the Columbus Day weekend.
I rode it from the south end of the Dragon to just south of Highlands, NC (about 65 miles). The Moonshiner's 28 has a nice combination of 10-15 mph twisties, 55-mph sweepers and some fantastic scenery (falls, rivers, etc.).

·
Registered
14 Posts
djoyner

We were there this weekend. Rode the Wayan rd down to Franklin and loved it . The moonshiner 28 was an awesome road, loved the sweepers. We will be going back in May next year and hope to discover new roads. Truly Gods country!!!

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
28 goes from the S. end of the Tail all the way down into S.C. and it's all good.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Best riding east of the Rockies...............

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I had an awesome time last week of August there as well. :agree::agree::agree:;););)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts