GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have 15 of us heading to the Smokies end of September. Any suggestions on particular rides or places to visit. We will be in Townsend TN, Pigeon Forge and Maggie Valley.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Danny I plan on going up around sept 22 from the tampa area. when are you Leaving? Thanks Gary

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Danny Donaldson said:
We have 15 of us heading to the Smokies end of September. Any suggestions on particular rides or places to visit. We will be in Townsend TN, Pigeon Forge and Maggie Valley.
The Dragon, route 129 from Maryville to Deals gap is sweet, continue on 129 to the Cherohola Sky Way, when nearing the end of the SkyWay check out Bald River Falls, great photo op, neat little place to eat at the end of the Sky Way called Tellie Cafe, good food!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Wheels thru Time

Visit the motorcycle museum "Wheels thu Time" at least that's what I think it's called. It's in Maggie Valley. Mostly Harleys but well worth the visit and fee.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Anywhere in the GSMNP will be crowded, but if you like to get out early or stay late that Park is worth the visit. Little river road from Gatlinburg to Townsend is a good ride. Cades cove is a good ride. From Townsend head towards maryville and hit the Foothills Pkw. Just 18 miles but a great road for the goldwing. Long sweeping curves and drops you off on 129. take a left from there and you are at the Dragon.

Also try to visit Fontana Dam. Right off of 129 near Robinsville, Nc. You can get a decent lunch and gas at Fontana village right next to the dam. Great picnic place if you can take one with you. I would also check the maps and look at the roads north of Atlanta. The road that runs along the Ocoee river is great. Hwy 74 from Cleveland, Tn takes you to Ducktown, Tn. From there you can wind your way north to Tellico/Cheroloha sky area.

Also 28 S. out of Franklin is great. Several beautiful waterfalls along the way.

Have a good trip. I would offer to join you but I will be in Va. the last weekend in Sep.

Jay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts