GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Smoky Mountain Ride In 2014 Invitation & Updates

Smoky Mountain Ride In 2014 Invitation,

Are you or your group of passionate motorcyclists looking for something interesting to do this summer ?

May I suggest the “Smoky Mountain Ride In” being held June 17 - 21- 2014 in Bryson City, North Carolina.

The “Smoky Mountain Ride In” is an organized motorcycle gathering that is held annually in Bryson City NC for motorcycle junkies sharing stories and information about bikes, local roads, trips, events and anything to do with having good old clean fun. There is no charge to attend and participate in this rally. The only rule is to come and have a good time !!!
The “Smoky Mountain Ride In” evolved when Honda announced in 2009 that it was cancelling the annual “Honda Hoot” indefinitely. A few enlightened members of the GL1800riders forum started a discussion about the possibility of having an informal get together to replace the cancelled “Honda Hoot.” One GL1800 board member had visited Bryson City in the past and suggested it as a good place for the get together. After much discussion it was decided to hold the gathering in Bryson City NC due to its proximity to the Smoky Mountains and all the nice roads in the area. The group also decided to call the event “Smoky Mountain Ride In” and to invite motorcyclists along with their families to attend. The group also decided to donate any proceeds to local area charities.

One member volunteered to set up a web site that featured information about the event along with a sign up page. Another board member who was a part time resident in Bryson City was able to get one of the local riding clubs involved and also arranged for reduced lodging rates at various motels around Bryson City. Some of the events that were held included a fish fry featuring trout caught by local members, and served by the CMR motorcycle group, a local riders club. An auction was held with lots of Goldwing Items, a horseshoe tournament, a barbecue dinner, and raffles with various other events hosted by members from the GL1800Riders group. Others lead daily motorcycle rides throughout the various roads in the Smokies and around Bryson City. Various routes were Inserted on the events website. There were many other people who donated their time and talents to organize and run the first “Smoky Mountain Ride In”. In short, an event that was first envisioned as an informal gathering of few people turned out to be a huge success the first year with over 175 people attending and over $1,200 being collected for charity. The gathering was such a success that it was decided to make the “Smoky Mountain Ride In” an annual event to be held every June.

We have had four more SMRI since the first one and each one has been a little different than the first one but they all share the same common denominator as the first one. - A bunch of motorcyclists getting together informally and having fun in the beautiful smoky mountains. Not only did we have a blast at each ride in, we also were able to generate needed money for the local charities that helped the kids of Bryson City for Christmas.

Now we are planning for the sixth annual “Smoky Mountain Ride In” and we would love for you to attend. The event will again be held in Bryson City NC due to its proximity to the smokies and other beautiful attractions. We plan on having another fish fry this year with fresh mountain trout caught from the streams of North Carolina. As usual there will be raffles featuring items donated by our attendees and generous supporters. We will again be hosting daily rides throughout the beautiful Smoky Mountain roads of Western NC, South Carolina, Tennessee and Northern Ga, and around Bryson City. Some of the many other planned events this year include guided and unguided rides, Fish Fry with Horseshoe Tournament, parking lot party with hotdogs, hamburgers and entertainment and more. Again to reiterate – there is no charge to attend the Ride In. All proceeds and donations from the raffles, silent auction and eventswill go to the local childrenscharities. Primarily this is a Goldwing M/C & Trike event but all brands of Motorcycles are welcome. If you need more information please call Gary at 813-601-2804 or check out our web site at. http://smokymountainridein.com/. and click on a few past photos of the event.
Check on this site often for the event schedule (subject to change) and updates as we get closer.

Please mark your calendar and register for this years event !!!

We look forward to seeing you there.
Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
This is a great get together and great riding. THANKS TO GARY AND OTHERS FOR YOUR WORK:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
IronMan
17,463 Posts
i'm in again ! really great time n rides n people !

·
Registered
240 Posts
hope to see you all there in june . this will be my frist goldwing get together and looking foreward to it ............jduck

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
hope to see you all there in june . this will be my frist goldwing get together and looking foreward to it ............jduck
I received your registration See you in June!

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm in, AGAIN!
With all the snow we've had up here, I am almost out of Pea Gravel #2

And no more wisecracks about an accent. The ----ing Pilgrims didn't land in the South

See you in June

Richie

·
Registered
9 Posts
Love Mountain Riding

Attended Honda Hoot every year and had a great time. Will ask our group am sure they will all be interested in going. Had no idea about this event.
Thanks,
Squeak

Southern Indiana

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm in, AGAIN!
With all the snow we've had up here, I am almost out of Pea Gravel #2

And no more wisecracks about an accent. The ----ing Pilgrims didn't land in the South

See you in June

Richie
Richie
Glad to see you are coming again this year i think you need another lesson on Gravel :lol:.
Thats funny we was just talking about you today at the Florida RTE.
Trust me it was all good :eek:4:
See you soon.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Smri

I am registered.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Shannon and I are now registered.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Correct Number

Anybody have a different number for Gracy Manor? Been trying to call all morning and no answer to make reservations. Can only find this number listed for them 828-488-2483 and there is no answer at that one. If anyone has an alternate please share I can't seem to find one.

TIA

Donnie

·
Registered
534 Posts
Anybody have a different number for Gracy Manor? Been trying to call all morning and no answer to make reservations. Can only find this number listed for them 828-488-2483 and there is no answer at that one. If anyone has an alternate please share I can't seem to find one.

TIA

Donnie
Donnie, They are closed for the winter.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Donnie, They are closed for the winter.
Hummm ... Should of thought of that ... Thanks.

Guess I'm wishing it was Spring already :)

Donnie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Banned
792 Posts
Hummm ... Should of thought of that ... Thanks.

Guess I'm wishing it was Spring already :)

Donnie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You can't seem to win with this winter stuff going on. We had a good run for the Death Valley event, sorry you could not make it out.

·
IronMan
17,463 Posts
Gracey n rosewood gone till spring ! Gracey was booked up last fall for this, sometimes people cancel

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gracey n rosewood gone till spring ! Gracey was booked up last fall for this, sometimes people cancel
What John said.
As of now Gracey Manor is all filled up with all are members. If its like last year if someone cancels they will get the next one on the waiting list for a room it makes it fair for everyone trying to stay there. I will let everyone know when they are back open for the summer.

Also i'm trying to get in touch with Pat the owner of Rosewood to see if she will block off all the rooms for us.

We are working on a deal a Microtel right now for the ones that would like to stay there.
Steve is working on that and will let everyone know something soon.

We have plenty of places to stay just go to the www.smokymountainridein.com web site and click on lodging.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I tried to register with Pat (Rosewood) in October and she said to call her in March.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
What John said.
As of now Gracey Manor is all filled up with all are members. If its like last year if someone cancels out you will go on a waiting list it makes it fair for everyone trying to stay there. I will let everyone know when they are back open for the summer.

Also i'm trying to get in touch with Pat the owner of Rosewood to see if she will block off all the rooms for us.

We are working on a deal a Microtel right now for the ones that would like to stay there.
Steve is working on that and will let everyone know something soon.

We have plenty of places to stay just go to the www.smokymountainridein.com web site and click on lodging.
I negotiated lower rates for Microtel.( 69.99 per day tues thru thurs.) (fri & sat 119.99) use the registration code "smoky mountain ride in" includes in price - free breakfast and soda and bottled water. steve

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Register On Line for the 2014 Smoky Mountain Ride In

If you are planning to attend this years SMRI I ask you to register early to help us plan for the event. A lot of logistics are involved and some decisions will depend on how many people are signing up. If your plans change you can always cancel. So Google "Smoky Mountain Ride In" browse the web page and register. thanks Steve.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts